Medical Records Clerk
AccentCare is looking for passionate clinicians committed to delivering exceptional care in the home.
We are committed to quality patient outcomes—delivering evidence-based care in the home—and providing comprehensive training to further develop our staff along with continuing education and promotional opportunities.
Come join the AccentCare team and Make A Difference every day.
Position: Medical Records Clerk
Location: McKinney, TX
Shift: Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:30pm
As a Medical Records Clerk you will:
- Be responsible for operating data entry devices, processing client and care partner information,
reviewing data errors, and resolving inconsistencies.
- Keep track of received data and source documents.
- Contact clients/care partners to resolve questions, inconsistencies, or missing data.
- Confirm accuracy of data such as days, dates, times and locations.
- Compare data entered with source documents, or reenters data in verification format.
- Review and makes necessary corrections to information entered.
- Generate reports and responds to inquiries regarding entered data as requested.
- Complete all work efficiently and effectively.
- Contribute to a team effort and accomplish related results as required.
- Maintain confidential information.
Requirements of Qualified Candidates:
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Prefer experience working with medical records in hospital, medical facility or doctor’s office
- Experience working in a call center or service center very helpful. High volume of phone work
in this role.
- One year work experience in a secretarial position or a combination of education, training, and
experience which provides the desired knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the
position’s essential duties and responsibilities
- Knowledge of assigned program activities guidelines and processes
- Ability to operate various work-processing software, spreadsheets, and database programs
- Maintain confidentiality
- Interact and maintain good working relationships with individuals of varying social and
- Communicate efficiently and effectively both verbally and in writing
- Carry out multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Follow instructions furnished in verbal or written format
- Detail oriented