Pre-Claim Review Document Coordinator Clerical
AccentCare, Inc.® is a national post-acute healthcare provider with 45 years of industry experience. We thrive on providing patient-centric care and a warm and personalized experience within our local communities.
Your Success is our Success. We strive to provide new employees with a structured on-boarding process to help you become assimilated quickly, and cutting-edge tools to make your daily work easier and more efficient. We offer extensive training and a wide-array of opportunities for continued education and promotional opportunities.
Position: PCR Document Coordinator
Location: McKinney, TX
Shift: Full Time
Reports to: PCR RN Supervisor
As a PCR Document Coordinator you will:
- Gather and annotate pieces of documentation from the EMR needed for review by the PCR Clinical Auditors
- Assist in submission and/or resubmission of required documents using the established process and technology solutions.
- Use the EMR to develop the submission packet and updating the submission status in the EMR.
- Coordinate regularly with the branch back office and clinical staff to discuss and obtain documentation needed to complete submission or resubmission to the CMS MAC.
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, standards, policies and procedures including, but not limited to the Compliance Program: Code of Conduct, HIPAA and Documentation Standards.
- Maintain a commitment to the values and mission of AccentCare.
- Prioritize additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department.
- Requirements of Qualified Candidates:
- High school diploma or GED required
- Vocational or technical training in home health care preferred
- 1 – 3 years related experience
- Firm working knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures and ability to use in varied situations
- Strong analytical skills; will need to be able to identify the presence and location of required documentation within the EMR
- Basic process management skills related to organization of EMR components. Includes using time management skills to complete the PCR preparation process timely and with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to perform document management steps; includes utilizing the designated naming convention for submission and resubmission documents
- Basic computer equipment and software skills
- Must be able to adapt to software and technology changes easily throughout the process
- Must be able to collaborate internally at all levels. Effective internal and external collaboration with all levels
- Persuasive techniques to gain cooperation, acceptance and agreement on business matters
- Customer service focused, including the ability to create an atmosphere that encourages an open dialogue about the internal and external customer’s needs
- Ability to maintain composure in addressing stressful and/ challenging situations
- Ability to assess situations and assist in conflict resolution
- Strong telephone, verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate with internal and external customers
- Detail oriented, with strong organization skills
- Knowledge of pertinent state, federal, and local regulatory requirements