Home Health LVN
Service Area: Clovis, NM
$2,500 Sign On Bonus Package
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Essential Functions of the Position):
• Conducts care management follow up telephone calls post-discharge per RN direction
• Conducts follow-up visits in a variety of acute and post-acute care settings to conduct assigned patient assessment tasks as determined by the RN Care Manager, when required
• Fosters continuity of care by providing excellent customer service through effective communication and collaboration with all services involved
• Ensures post-discharge follow-up with the community physician within 7-10 days of discharge
• Provides education to patients regarding red-flag symptoms and actions to take to avoid escalation of symptoms
• Reminds the patient to take his/her portable personal health record to all physician follow-up appointments
• Performs medication reconciliation after follow-up physician appointments
• Maintains knowledge of Medicare Regulations and restrictions related to home health and out-patient services.
• Assists in program planning, development and implementation. Assist in policy development, as needed.
• Establishes portable personal health record to be shared at all physician follow-up appointments
• Monitors specified reports for identification of participants
• Determines eligibility of potential Care Management candidates
• Updates participant eligibility information as required
• Enters referral for eligible participants in to the electronic medical record (EMR)
• Assists in maintaining/updating admission/discharge information in the EMR
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Complies with applicable legal requirements, standards, policies and procedures including, but not limited to the Compliance Program: Code of Conduct, HIPAA and Documentation Standards.
• Maintains a commitment to the values and mission of AccentCare Health Management