AccentCare, Inc.® is a national post-acute healthcare provider with 45 years of industry experience. We thrive on providing patient-centric care and a warm and personalized experience within our local communities.
Your Success is our Success. We strive to provide new employees with a structured on-boarding process to help you become assimilated quickly, and cutting-edge tools to make your daily work easier and more efficient. We offer extensive training and a wide-array of opportunities for continued education and promotional opportunities.
Position: File Clerk Bronx NY
Reports to: Human Resources Associate
As a File Clerk you will:
- Alphabetize and file documents into the respective Home Health Aide and/or Patient files.
- Assist in file audits initiated by the Department, a Regulatory Agency, and or Contract Vendor.
- Assist in other office duties including but not limited to copying, phone coverage, and preparation of Home Health Aide Profiles.
- Maintain the integrity and confidentiality of the documents filed and the files themselves.
- Make copies of filed documents in response to authorized requests.
- Participate in other office functions as may be required.
- Prepare and executes faxes.
- Retrieve appropriate Home Health Aide files for Leave of Absence classification, i.e., On and Off, employees just terminated and re-files in designated cabinets
- Retrieve terminated Home Health Aide files at year end and prepares for storage following established procedures. As part of this process, a copy of the employees Certificate within the file is pulled and transferred to the designated filing retention system.
Requirements of Qualified Candidates
- One-year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Possess working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook. Internet/Intranet experience preferred
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Ability to calculate numbers consistent with the position
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations