Hospice LVN - Full Time
AccentCare, Inc.® is a national post-acute healthcare provider with 45 years of industry experience. We thrive on providing patient-centric care and a warm and personalized experience within our local communities.
Your Success is our Success. We strive to provide new employees with a structured on-boarding process to help you become assimilated quickly, and cutting-edge tools to make your daily work easier and more efficient. We offer extensive training and a wide-array of opportunities for continued education and promotional opportunities.
Position: Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse (LPN/LVN) - Hospice
Reports to: Director of Patient Care Services (DPCS)
As an LPN/LVN - Hospice you will:
* Provide direct patient care as defined in State Practical/Vocational Nurse Practice Act, including specialized duties related to end of life care.
* Implement current nursing practice following the comprehensive assessment and the plan of care under the supervision of the RN.
* Assist the patient with the activities of daily living as necessary to promote comfort.
* Assist the RN in providing patient and family/caregiver education and information pertinent to diagnosis and self-plan of care.
* Participate in coordination of hospice services, appropriately reporting the identified needs to the interdisciplinary group.
* Use and prepare equipment and supply effectively, adhering to aseptic technique.
* Provide appropriate pain/symptom management.
* Contribute to the evaluation of the patient’s response to treatments and medications.
* Participate in personal, professional growth and development. Also participate in organization’s quality assessment performance improvement teams and activities.
* Perform other duties as assigned by the registered nurse.
* Maintain effective communication with patients, caregivers and referral sources.
* Maintain effective communication with field and office staff.
* Communicate clearly and concisely, both written and verbally.
* Provide accurate and timely documentation of patient services in compliance with the plan of care.
* Comply with applicable legal requirements, standards, policies and procedures including, but not limited to the Compliance Program: Code of Conduct, HIPAA and Documentation Standards.
* Participate in required orientation and periodic retraining related to the Compliance Program: Code of Conduct, Documentation Standards and HIPAA.
* Report concerns and suspected incidences of noncompliance using the AccentCare Reporting Process.
* Cooperate with monitoring and audit functions and investigations.
* Participates, as requested, in process improvement activities.
Requirements of Qualified Candidates:
* Graduate of an accredited practical nurse or vocational nursing program
* Three years nursing experience. Community health/hospice or medical/surgical experience is preferred
* Currently licensed as an LPN/LVN in the State
* Complies with accepted professional standards and practice
* Possesses and maintains current CPR certification
* Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or organization requirements and is in good working order
* Demonstrates good verbal and written communication, and organization skills
* Understands philosophy of hospice and the needs of the terminally ill