Accounts Receivable Specialist
AccentCare is looking for passionate clinicians committed to delivering exceptional care in the home.
We are committed to quality patient outcomes—delivering evidence-based care in the home—and providing comprehensive training to further develop our staff along with continuing education and promotional opportunities.
Come join the AccentCare team and Make A Difference every day.
*Position requires CV-19 Vaccination as a condition of employment.
Under the direction of the AR Supervisor/Manager, this position is responsible for the timely billing and follow-up on all assigned accounts until paid or adjusted according to policy. Analyzes account history and other factors to expedite payment and improve cash flow. Contact payors, as necessary, regarding the collection of past due accounts.
- Initiate billing on assigned claims in an expeditious manner, whether through hard copy claims or electronic format. Maintain control of claims billed and pending to ensure full accountability for all claims.
- Follow-up on all unpaid claims within the required timeframe. Submit all necessary level of appeals and maintain documentation of all collection activity. Advise AR Manager of workload problems which may prevent timely follow up on accounts.
- Work EOB/remittance advices on a daily basis to identify denials or short paid claims. Work with branch office designee on eligibility issues and necessary documentation to ensure timely collection of accounts.
- Demonstrate aggressive yet conscientious collection efforts. Request approval for account adjustments as appropriate.
- Resolve credit balances on a monthly basis and timely submission of refund request documentation to AR Manager
- Submit completed refund request documentation to AR Manager within time designated by management.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by AR Management team.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience with health insurance billing, electronic transactions and AR related duties.
- Home Health billing experience preferred.
- Must have extensive knowledge of Managed Care, Private Insurance and other related payers
- Working knowledge of billing activities and computer systems.
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and accreditation regulations governing home care.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal/external customers.
- Ability to establish and maintain a courteous and service-oriented working relationship with patients, families, customers, and co-workers.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with Excel and other MS Office programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as interpersonal/listening skills.
- Utilize effective problem solving and task analysis skills.
- Exercise excellent time management and organizational skills to meet deadlines and sustain ability to work in a multi-task environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to view requirements of the position within the context of the entire company.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing and ambiguous environment.
- Willingness to take on new projects or a history of taking on new projects.
- Ability to fluently speak, read, write, and understand the English language.
Position requires CV-19 Vaccination as a condition of employment.
*** Work From Home (WFH) Employees must have high speed internet connectivity
- Laptop/Headset will be provided - candidates must have reliable Internet and/or WIFI sufficient to meet the demands of the job