AccentCare, Inc.® is a national post-acute healthcare provider with over 45 years of industry experience. We thrive on providing patient-centric care and a warm and personalized experience within our local communities.
Your Success is our Success. We strive to provide our new employees with a structured on-boarding process to help you become assimilated quickly, and cutting-edge tools to make your daily work easier and more efficient. We offer extensive training and a wide-array of opportunities for continued education and promotional opportunities.
Position Title: Director of Reimbursement
Reports To: VP Finance
Responsible for reimbursement management across multiple divisions. Duties include maintaining the integrity of revenue cycle operations from billing to collections and cash management. Also responsible for the participation in due diligence and integration of acquired businesses.
The Director of Reimbursement will supervise the billing and collections team, and will work closely with the field operation leaders, business systems, and corporate accounting.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Essential Functions of the Position):
- Responsible for oversight of claims processing, collections, cash application, reconciliation and financial reporting and analysis related to those activities. Participates in quality management activities to ensure HHA participation and compliance.
- Maintain policies and procedures to ensure timely collection of revenue. Communicates with the VP of Financial on areas of risk. Provide tracking and regular updates on outstanding issues.
- Assists with the development and management of statistical and financial data tracking methodology and reporting for the skilled business.
- Performs monthly review of outstanding AR, cash reconciliation and DSO trends with management team.
- Coordinates communication with the contracting department on payer related issues preventing the timely collection of revenue.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software systems to support the AR and accounting team.
- Responsible for staff education and training related to software program changes and upgrades.
- Participates in the due diligence of acquisitions and integration of a newly acquired company
- Ensures effective communication among team members; operations, finance, clinical, and support staff.
- Demonstrates ability to solve problems independently and perform at optimal level.
- Maintains confidentiality and privacy of patient/family finances, records, health status, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, or related field or equivalent experience.
- Working knowledge of billing activities and computer systems.
- Working knowledge of Medicare-PPS Home Health.
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and accreditation regulations governing home care.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal/external customers.
- Ability to establish and maintain a courteous and service-oriented working relationship with patients, families, customers, and co-workers.
- Strong computer skills including experience with MS Office, including Outlook.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as interpersonal/listening skills.
- Utilize effective problem solving and task analysis skills.
- Exercise excellent time management and organizational skills to meet deadlines and sustain ability to work in a multi-task environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to view requirements of the position within the context of the entire company.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing and ambiguous environment.
- Willingness to take on new projects or a history of taking on new projects.
- Ability to fluently speak, read, write, and understand the English language.