AccentCare, Inc.® is a national post-acute healthcare provider with 45 years of industry experience. We thrive on providing patient-centric care and a warm and personalized experience within our local communities.
Your Success is our Success. We strive to provide new employees with a structured on-boarding process to help you become assimilated quickly, and cutting-edge tools to make your daily work easier and more efficient. We offer extensive training and a wide-array of opportunities for continued education and promotional opportunities.
Position: Senior Accountant
Reports to: Controller or Assistant Controller
As a Senior Accountant, you will:
- Focus on Operation and related sub-systems results – support the monthly accounting and weekly processes and present the period results and variance and trend analysis to top management.
- Ensure assigned accounts and roll-forwards are timely reconciled and all balances appropriately stated.
- Serve as primary accounting interface with Region Management and related Office management.
- Provide on time and accurate close entries for region.
- Provide account reconciliations as assigned to team.
- Develop accounting procedures at the task level.
- Provide monthly Profit & Loss statements ownership and explanations.
- Maintain issues and follow up logs.
- Be knowledgeable on Region developments – office moves, personnel changes, market goals and such.
- Coordinate with related Payroll Managers / Leads on follow up issues, classification and process changes.
- Provide analysis and explanations on variances in trends and budgeted requirements to identify opportunities for improved performance or to identify risks which may impact future performance.
- Review and prepare financial statements and accounting reports for department management and federal agencies.
- Conduct cost studies and install cost allocation plans.
- Serve as a key resource for involvement in process and systems changes as they effect various field and business operations – at the site level.
- Supervise any staff accountants assigned – assign staff, scheduling work assignments, setting priorities, and directing the work of subordinate employees as needed.
- Evaluate and verify completed work assignments and work techniques.
- Maintain records, prepare reports, and compose correspondence relative to the work.
- Work with Financial Planning & Analysis team on Budget and variance explanations.
- Implement and conduct training for field and support operations as required.
- Handle special accounting projects, taking full responsibility for the administration and integrity of the project.
Requirements of Qualified Candidates:
- Experience working in a multi-unit service industries or healthcare environment preferred
- At least two to three years of experience as a Senior Accountant or Staff Accountant with a clearly demonstrated track record of progressive responsibilities. Preferably in a company with $100+ million in revenue
- Undergraduate degree in accounting required
- CPA or CPA Candidacy preferred
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and accounting processes
- Experience using Great Plains, and FRX Reporter software are all highly preferred
- MS Office Proficiency – Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills in particular
- Ability to travel up to 10%, all Domestic US
- Detail oriented and analytical thinker who understands how to translate accounting results and reporting with supporting non-accounting business leaders
- Must possess a solid level of technical and problem-solving skills to complement a strong organizational skill set
- Commitment to high standards, integrity and ethics
- Tremendously proactive, customer/results focused high achiever, delivers on commitment. Desire to champion best practices
- Strong team and service orientation
- Good energy level and stamina
- Solid analytical, organizational, verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Team player with a cooperative attitude
- Desire to learn more and advance career