Medical Orders Coordinator
Position: Medical Orders Coordinator
Reports to: Clinical Operations Supervisor
As a Medical Orders Coordinator, you will:
- Review orders from Clinical Coordinators, enter into the EMR system with new due dates; verify and enter doctors name, address and phone number. Run daily reports to see which medical orders are due.
- Fax, call or write the physicians to get updated (or original) MD orders. Create schedules for Community Liaisons (MD order runners) to retrieve orders.
- Call patients and contracts to coordinator retrieval of doctor’s orders (ie: arrange to have the md order runner go with the patient to the next doctor visit).
- Send patient discharge orders to the QAPI Clinical Specialist. Participate in audits with the QAPI department.
- File all medical orders and correspondence.
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, standards, policies and procedures including, but not limited to the Compliance Program: Code of Conduct, HIPAA and Documentation Standards.
- Maintain a commitment to the values and mission of AccentCare.
- Assume additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department.
Requirements of Qualified Candidates:
- 1-3 years of experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Vocational or technical training preferred
- Fundamental working knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures and ability to apply in varied situations
- Able to organize the planning process and develop project schedules at a basic level
- Basic computer/technical skill – able to use word processing and data entry tools
- Basic knowledge of office/administrative support skills
- Able to use common office equipment
- Able to clearly communicate in writing and orally
- Able to collaborate internally and externally at all levels