Account Executive-Home Health
Vice President of Business Development
1. RN (Bachelor’s Degree or demonstrated experience that serves as equivalent preferred).
2. Home health care experience required; recent home care operations or leadership experience helpful. Prior home health care sales experience is .
3. Ability to communicate effectively with patients, co-workers, and other health care professionals.
4. Ability to provide high levels of consultative sales, have excellent organizational, communication and closing skills.
Working under the direction of the Vice President of Business Development, the Account Executive provides information and education to hospitals, physicians and other medical professionals, facilities, organizations, and consumers regarding agency services as well as the coverage and reimbursement of these services in order to enhance and promote the agency in the marketplace.
This position is responsible for executing strategic initiatives aimed at growing and developing the service line you are representing – Home Health/Hospice/Primary care programs of Southeastern Home Health Services.
Identifying and engaging in strategic opportunities with new and on-going referral sources, clients and capabilities, in order to ensure the growth of the home health care programs within Southeastern Health Care At Home.
1. Maintains an in-depth knowledge of the community, health care facilities, physicians, and referral sources appropriate for agency services.
2. Accepts accountability to produce measurable results, meet targeted goals, and identify growth opportunities for the agency.
3. Develops and maintains relationships with physicians, discharge planners, case managers, social workers, and other health care professionals who utilize home care services by regularly scheduling and conducting visits to those referral sources in order to assist in identifying those patients who may be appropriate for home health services thereby increasing the number of clients served by the agency/market.
4. Understands the criteria for acceptance of patients, admission to the agency, services provided, and the reimbursement process as they relate to the delivery of services to the patients of the organization.
5. Maintains and secures all protected health information as required by HIPAA.
6. Acts as a liaison between the agency/market and the referral source regarding patient care issues and concerns.
7. Performs an ongoing market analysis to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction; contributes to the goal of providing exceptional customer service by demonstrating a willingness to ensure that the customer’s needs/expectations are always addressed to the fullest extent; identifies trends as to why agency services are not meeting consumers’ needs or the needs of the professional referral community.
8. Maintains current knowledge of agency/market trends, coverage criteria, and industry changes to ensure compliance with required regulations.
9. Participates in the strategic planning process for the agency/market and the development of the agency/market’s budget goals for admissions and clients served.
10. Assists agency leadership team in establishing targets and goals for development of all service lines in the market.
11. Identifies opportunities to increase service capabilities through relationships with other payer sources.
12. Maintains records of the number of contacts, relevant discussions, results of visits conducted, and any needed follow-up. Reports any concerns to VP of Business Development.
13. Champions the company’s mission/vision; presents a positive image for the agency in the community; acts a positive role model for other employees.
14. Presents agency programs and available services to civic and community professional groups, health care providers, discharge planners, case managers, and others as requested; provides appropriate guidance to staff regarding program processes.
15. Represents the agency at health fairs, Senior Expo shows, other community service functions, and participates in civic and/or community committees as requested.
16. Reviews RSL, HCHB & Referral Lists and/or pending lists for unopened referrals or unconverted inquiries; Participates with other agency/market managers in identifying needed follow-up or further education.
17. May meet with Medical Advisors or Medical Director on an as needed basis to maintain communication flow and receive input and advice regarding agency programs. Reports opportunities and/or concerns to the VP of Business Development.
18. Attends and participates in agency/market meetings and is prepared to discuss trends, customer service issues, and market growth.
19. Maintains current knowledge of changes within the local market and new service opportunities. Schedules and conducts direct sales calls and follow-up on customer prospects to increase referral volume as well as knowledge of the services throughout the SE service area.
20. Participates with agency managers to arrange and coordinate special community events (for example, Marketing Blitzes, Open Houses, Fairs, Displays, Sponsorships, Holiday Events).
21. Participates in data collection for Business Development and Performance Improvement activities as requested.
22. Supports the goal of Performance Improvement by making pertinent suggestions to supervisory personnel to improve efficiency and/or to contain costs, to improve customer service and customer satisfaction.
23. Supports the principles of the Corporate Compliance Program; attends orientation and annual in- services.
24. Regularly attends and actively participates in assigned meetings and committees as required. Attends Business Development QBR Meetings and regular Sales/Zoom meetings.
25. Participates in other duties as assigned.