Cash Application Specialist - Remote
AccentCare, Inc.® is a national post-acute healthcare provider with 45 years of industry experience. We thrive on providing patient-centric care and a warm and personalized experience within our local communities.
Your Success is our Success. We strive to provide new employees with a structured on-boarding process to help you become assimilated quickly, and cutting-edge tools to make your daily work easier and more efficient. We offer extensive training and a wide-array of opportunities for continued education and promotional opportunities.
Position: Cash Application Specialist
Reports to: Cash Application Supervisor
As a Cash Application Specialist you will:
* Separate daily lockbox/deposit batch. Identify appropriate entity and patient account number for each payment.
* Apply payments accurately and timely to patient accounts within designated system.
* Prepare daily cash posting log detailing activity by entity.
* Ensure daily cash posting reconciles to system reports.
* Make copies of all short payments, overpayments and denials to be given to appropriate AR Specialist.
* Scan daily deposit report, payments and collection journal reports into document management system.
* Prepare payment batches/boxes for offsite storage.
* Process adjustments in system as instructed by Cash Application Supervisor.
* Perform all other duties as assigned by Cash Application Supervisor and/or Dir. of Reimbursement.
Requirements of Qualified Candidates:
* High School graduate or equivalent
* Minimum 2 years computer experience, preferably in data entry, needed.
* Minimum 2 years office experience needed, preferably in health care.
* Basic accounting skills needed.
* Must have good computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
* Must have valid proof of identification and employment authorization.
* Must have good command of the English language both written and oral.