Job Description: Project Manager
The Project Manager will be responsible for driving and managing a variety of strategic and tactical initiatives including but not limited to acquisitions, joint ventures, regulatory/compliance, process improvements, and other business and/or IT transformational related projects/programs. He/she will serve as the main point of contact for any assigned projects/programs and will be responsible for monitoring and ensuring project/program results contribute positive business value and meet agreed on scope, cost, schedule, and quality objectives.
- Manages the entire project/program lifecycle - initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and controlling, and closing.
- Manages projects/programs scope, budget, resources.
- Develops and maintains project charter, project plan, identifies critical paths, and outlines success metrics.
- Champions project scaling/sizing process to understand appropriate level of detail and techniques to use to fully capitalize on project/program and performance objectives as established.
- Works with project team in assuring project/program deliverables are completed within scope, specified quality standards, on time, and within budget.
- Outlines and manages business and operational readiness activities, change management, communication, and deployment plans, including transition to opera Facilitates day-to-day tasks coordination including overall monitoring and controlling of the entire project/program.
- Escalates and drives resolution to critical project/program related issues impacting overall health, deliverables, and critical dates.
- Anticipates and effectively mitigates risks.
- Negotiates, challenges, and handles difficult conversations with project/program team, resource managers, executives, and other partners leading to greater results and project/program success.
- Reviews contracts, statement of work, and participates in sourcing needs.
- Assesses gaps and develops action plans to address identified gaps.
- Manages competing stakeholder needs and optimizes experiences and relationship with stakeholders.
- Takes appropriate actions in resolving project conflicts to avoid negative consequences impacting project/program’s success.
- Provides steady project/program leadership in the face of uncertainty, change, and aggressive deadlines common to a rapidly growing company.
- Leverages interpersonal skills and good judgement to navigate project execution.
- Communicates effectively by adapting style and message to diverse audiences.
- Understands linkage between project/program goals and company-specific business context.
- Ensures projects/programs are properly aligned and are prioritized based on the organization’s strategy and goals
- 5 - 7-year project management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree highly desirable.
- PMP, Agile, Scrum Master, Six Sigma, Lean, or equivalent certifications a plus.
- Healthcare system, post -acute or insurance experience a plus.
- Self-starter with proven ability to deliver complex medium-to-large scale transformational projects/programs with minimal supervision.
- Highly organized with strong analytical skills and business acumen.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Effectively manages time, prioritizes work, multi-tasks across many assignments, and works in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written), and proven ability to work effectively with all organizational levels including C-suite.
- Ability to build and lead diverse and distributed teams from various internal and external organizations across multiple locations.
- Ability to adjust to stakeholder’s individual work styles including cultural and organizational climates.
- Ability to provide effective consultative and influencing approach in managing projects/programs.
- Ability to make decisions independently and demonstrated higher-level leadership responsibilities in critical situations and high-pressure environment.
- Proven problem-solving, decision-making, and financial skills.
- Promotes innovative ideas and lead change.
- Adapts to ambiguous and unfamiliar terrains.
- Practices breakthrough thinking – “Big Picture” and “Outside the Box”
- Thrives in a matrixed environment.
- Competent in MS Office Suite and project and portfolio management tools like SharePoint, MS Project, SmartSheet, Clarity, Jira, Rally, Service Now PPM, etc.
- Familiarity with applying various project management methodologies such as waterfall, Agile, Scrum, Kanban, and others.
- Willingness to travel (10% –20%).