Hospital Clinical Liaison RN
Hospital Clinical Liaison RN Hospice
$5,000 Bonus Package
AccentCare is looking for passionate clinicians committed to delivering exceptional care in the home.
We are committed to quality patient outcomes—delivering evidence-based care in the home—and providing comprehensive training to further develop our staff along with continuing education and promotional opportunities.
Come join the AccentCare team and Make A Difference every day.
Position: Clinical Liaison Operations - RN
Reports to: Executive Director
Job Summary: The Clinical Liaison is a Registered Nurse (RN) who acts as liaison between the hospital and the hospice team, makes inpatient visits to hospice patients in the hospital, acts as consultant for pain and symptom management, provides in- service education to providers, performs pre-admission evaluations for appropriateness for hospice services, initiates the admission process by educating and informing patient/family of hospice and its services. Also obtains informed consents. Provides nursing assessment, initial plan of care and intervention(s), which optimize patient and family directed comfort
and quality of life and coordinates discharge planning.
As a Clinical Liaison Operations - RN, you will:
- Call on physicians, hospitals, nursing facilities and other healthcare providers (discharge planners, social workers, and health care coordinators) to promote AccentCare homecare services.
- Be an expert regarding the services provided by AccentCare ensuring effective communication and collaboration with providers.
- Act as company liaison to clients to resolve problems and provide information on services and maintain positive relations.
- Work in partnership with the other Account Executives, Executive Director, and Regional Sales Manager to develop business plan and strategy for local market and implement business plan for local market and report progress and results to Regional Sales Manager.
- Maintain organized account information on each client, track sales data, and identify key accounts and potential problems.
- Maintain effective communication with patients, caregivers, and referral sources.
- Maintain effective communication with field and office staff.
- Ensure Written communications are clear and concise.
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, standards, policies, and procedures including but not limited to those within the Compliance Process, Code of Conduct, and HIPAA requirements.
- Participate in required orientation, Compliance and HIPAA training programs.
- Report concerns and suspected incidences of non-compliance to the supervisor, administrator, compliance officer and/or the compliance hotline.
- Cooperate with monitoring and audit functions and investigations.
- Participate, as requested, in process improvement responsibilities
Requirements of Qualified Candidates:
- Licensed RN in the state of agency operation
- One (1) year of RN or LVN/LPN experience in local market with a strong knowledge of governmental home health regulations, Medicare requirements, and care plan development techniques
- Previous medical sales experience preferred
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured and in accordance with state and/or organization requirements and in good working order
Hospital Clinical Liaison schedule:
Week one of pay period: Saturday/Sunday/Thursday/Friday
Week two of pay period: M/T/W/F