Hospice Volunteer Coordinator - Full Time
Hospice Volunteer Coordinator - Killeen, Texas - Full Time
AccentCare, Inc.® is a national post-acute healthcare provider with 45 years of industry experience. We thrive on providing patient-centric care and a warm and personalized experience within our local communities.
Your Success is our Success. We strive to provide new employees with a structured on-boarding process to help you become assimilated quickly, and cutting-edge tools to make your daily work easier and more efficient. We offer extensive training and a wide-array of opportunities for continued education and promotional opportunities.
Position: Volunteer Coordinator
Reports to: Hospice Executive Director
As a Volunteer Coordinator you will:
* Be responsible for planning, coordinating, and managing all Volunteer program activities within the organization.
* Develop and maintain a Volunteer training and orientation program.
* Recruit, educate, and select Volunteers from at least three (3) recruitment sessions a year.
* Identify a need for Volunteer services with the patient and family/caregiver and entire hospice team.
* Supervise and evaluate Volunteers in a timely and appropriate manner.
* Reevaluate Volunteer program as necessary.
* Coordinate Volunteer support/education meetings.
* Attend interdisciplinary group meetings.
* Participate as needed in the budget preparation for program development.
* Actively participate in quality assessment performance improvement teams and activities.
* Accept and perform other related duties and responsibilities.
Requirements of Qualified Candidates:
* College degree; preferred
* Minimum of two (2) years of experience in a health care setting
* Hospice and/or volunteer experience preferred
* Ability to supervise, coordinate, and evaluate Volunteer services
* Understands hospice philosophy
* Ability to organize and develop Volunteer hospice personnel for both patient and organizational needs
* Ability to manage a group of individuals providing Volunteer time and who will be considered employees