Payroll Tax Manager
AccentCare, Inc.® is a national post-acute healthcare provider with over 45 years of industry experience. We thrive on providing patient-centric care and a warm and personalized experience within our local communities.
Your Success is our Success. We strive to provide our new employees with a structured on-boarding process to help you become assimilated quickly, and cutting-edge tools to make your daily work easier and more efficient. We offer extensive training and a wide-array of opportunities for continued education and promotional opportunities.
Position Title: Payroll Tax Manager
Reports To: Director of Payroll & Payroll Tax
Manages 3rd Party Tax Vendor Ceridian Tax Service for payroll tax submissions, reporting, and remitting on behalf of the employees and employer. Payroll Tax manager performs a pay cycle reconciliation, quarterly reconciliation and an annual reconciliation, and reconcile payroll taxes at the employee and employer level for all 6-payroll cycles. This includes reconciliation to the payroll system, Bank drafts and to our Payroll Tax Provider, Ceridian Tax Service. Also involves Payroll Tax Reporting and correspondence with agencies regarding prior tax inquiries.
- Reconcile payroll tax reporting after each pay run to ensure accurate deposits and filings by tax service provider.
- Monitor and reconcile weekly, biweekly, semimonthly and quarterly tax filings
- Prepare certain reports required for agencies not covered by 3rd party.
- Lead Year End and coordinate Year End filings and distribution of W-2’s with HRIS Team
- Manages all payroll tax files with payroll system and tax vendor for timely and accurate payments
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, standards, policies and procedures including, but not limited to the Compliance Program: Code of Conduct, HIPAA and Documentation Standards.
- Maintains a commitment to the values and mission of AccentCare.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department.
- 5 years of payroll tax experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience with WorkDay a plus
- Strong accounting experience
- Ability to communicate with outside agencies and various levels of the organization
- Experience with reconciling and preparing year end and W2’s
- Experience in all 50 States, especially with PA tax law
- Stays up to date with payroll tax laws for both employee and employer
- Strong understanding of Payroll Processes
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Able to some advanced skills that allow employee to adapt and meet some complex or non-routine situations
- Strong project/process management skills
- Excellent problem solving and tax analysis skills
- Excellent ability to draft, edit, and proofread internal and external correspondence, ensure files are organized, manage electronic schedule as appropriate
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-task environment with competing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal/listening skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Possess a responsible, detail-oriented, results-driven work ethic