Director Patient Experience
The Director of Patient Experience drives and fosters a culture of patient and family-centered care and service excellence across the enterprise along with development of best practices that align with our mission, vision, values, and strategic imperatives across the organization.
- Director of Patient Experience must be able to translate concepts/innovations of patient, client and family experience into actionable organizational changes, behaviors, and outcomes with clear measurable improvements.
- The Director of Patient Experience should be able to affect home health locations so Value Based Purchasing (VBP) financial risks are mitigated for Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS) metrics.
- The Director of Patient Experience will be accountable for building successful interventions and improvements in all service delivery lines.
- Director of Patient Experience works directly with the Executive Teams to provide an assessment, communicate performance, and to create change at all levels of the organization.
- This Director of Patient Experience is the expert on service excellence, using benchmarking and data analytics to determine new strategies for enhancing the patient experience. They will work and obtain data from across the clinical and operational domains to understand the drivers that impact how our patients experience care.
- The Director of Patient Experience is accountable for the design, implementation, and evaluations of patient experience programs.
- Organizational Change Management: Develop and implement action plans to address and improve deficiencies in process and performance as identified.
- Develop and lead initiatives and services that address specific aspects to the patient experience to drive positive patient experience outcomes.
- Workforce engagement and performance: Responsible for engaging, influencing, and energizing leaders for accountability embodying behaviors and expectations to create a superior patient and family experience.
- A degree in Nursing, Health Administration, Business Administration, or related field is required.
- The individual must be experienced in Management and be able to maintain the professional licensures and certifications if required.
- Five (5) years of related experience with progressive levels of responsibility required.
- Requires a documented record of accomplishment of implementing patient experience programs leading to successful customer service improvements in large health care organizations or system.
- Requires strong critical thinking, data analysis and interpersonal skills and a high level of competency with all of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrate advanced data analysis and interpretation skills to lead the service improvement effort and create credibility needed for interaction with regional leaders.
- Best practices and service protocols: Collaborates with regional leaders in service delivery and problem solving to maximize solution offering and client satisfaction.
- Ability to mitigate financial risks related to VBP in home health locations.
- Ability to lead and facilitate meetings across the enterprise and across diverse audiences.
- Ability to articulate challenges and to be proactive and assertive in thinking of new ways to do things and create enthusiasm for new initiatives.Ability to elicit commitment from stakeholders and team members.
- Provide comprehensive updates to leadership to drive awareness of client support requirements and/or risks that could affect service delivery.
- Ability to develop, implement and execute standard operating procedures related to customer satisfaction outcomes.
- Ability to act as communication liaison and develop multiple consecutive projects between a variety of service programs.
- Demonstrate understanding of the market, trends, competition, and key performance indicators for the home care industry.
- Exhibit understanding of payer models that include Patient Driven Groupings Model (PDGM), VBP and per-diem models.
- Provide professional coaching to influence leadership and staff to deliver excellent patient experiences.
- Maintains effective communication with patients, caregivers, and referral sources, including Joint Venture Partners.
- Maintains effective communication verbally with all levels of management. Written communications are clear and concise.
- Complies with applicable legal requirements, standards, policies, and procedures including but not limited to those within the Compliance Process, Code of Conductional, and Corporate Integrity Agreement (CIA).
- Participates in required orientation, Compliance and HIPAA training programs.Reports concerns and suspected incidences of non-compliance using the 4-Step Reporting Process. Cooperates with monitoring and audit functions and investigations.
- Participates, as requested, in process improvement responsibilities.
- Exhibits understanding of VBP measurement categories that determine performance, achievement scores and payment adjustments.
- Exhibits knowledge of Home Health Conditions of Participation (CoPs) and Community Health Accreditation Partner (CHAP) standards.
Position requires CV-19 Vaccination as a condition of employment.