Clinical Support Specialist
AccentCare is looking for passionate clinicians committed to delivering exceptional care in the home.
We are committed to quality patient outcomes—delivering evidence-based care in the home—and providing comprehensive training to further develop our staff along with continuing education and promotional opportunities.
Come join the AccentCare team and Make A Difference every day.
Position: Clinical Support Specialist / Coordinator
Location: Pottsville, PA
The Clinical Support Specialist / Coordinator is responsible for assisting in planning, organizing, and implementing quality nursing management and care delivery to ensure compliance with state, federal and accreditation standards for assigned agencies. This position promotes commitment to the corporate and subsidiary standards, policies, and procedures. The position assists in the monitoring of clinical processes and the establishment of procedures to reduce identified problem areas; in clinical standardization for effective and appropriate reimbursement practices for AccentCare Home with corporate staff, agency personnel and reimbursement personnel to assure consistent performance of practice across the division as well as advise or recommend solutions for improvement, using knowledge of theory, principles or technology.
- Assist agencies in developing and maintaining standardized procedures that provide for an independent, impartial, and objective system of surveys, clinical audits, and reviews for use by Operations and AccentCare managers by identifying strengths and weaknesses and recommending procedures, data collection tools, and reporting and follow-up procedures for surveys and reviews; determine the best metrics for evaluating success; and assist agencies in developing quality plans to facilitate change and compliance with company and accreditation standards as well as state and federal regulations.
- Ensure quality standards are met by instructing and directing staff in developing and using QI data, collection procedures, analysis methods, and systems; identify corporate resources and support for agency staff; develop clinical programs and training material; instruct agency personnel on compliance standards and best practices in the generation of appropriate, accurate, and thorough documentation of patient care; and create training programs, materials, and implementation scheduled to meet agency goals.
- Develop and implement clinical and business management systems to promote adherence to applicable legal requirements, standards, policies and procedures as well as interdisciplinary approach to holistic care.
- Monitor OBQ/OBQM status of agencies as reported in CMA/SHP postings and implement strategies for performance improvement; recommend new or improved organizational systems with quality improvement approach. Monitor PCS quality metrics such as fill rate and client satisfaction data.
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, standards, policies and procedures including, but not limited to the Compliance Program: Code of Conduct, HIPAA and Documentation Standards.
- Maintains a commitment to the values and mission of AccentCare.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department.
- Minimum 5 years of health care experience
- Minimum 2 years of Home Health experience that includes quality measures or audit functions. PCS support required minimum of 2 years of personal care experience that includes audit functions and service delivery role.
- Current RN or LPN license in practicing state.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree preferred.