AccentCare is looking for passionate clinicians committed to delivering exceptional care in the home.
We are committed to quality patient outcomes—delivering evidence-based care in the home—and providing comprehensive training to further develop our staff along with continuing education and promotional opportunities.
Come join the AccentCare team and Make A Difference every day.
The Coding Coordinator will obtain his/her daily assignment via the internet each day. He/she will review all the admission paperwork including orders, discharge summaries, progress notes, history and physical, referral information, and Plan of Care. Based on this review the Coding Coordinator will make recommendations to coding and enter the recommendations into the electronic record. The Coding Coordinator will communicate with the field clinical and the office when the case is completed or any reason that is preventing in the case being completed. The employee will update his/her daily worksheet, including documenting the reason for any delays in the case being completed. The employee will be expected to complete all cases assigned prior to the next assignment being posted or have a documented reason why the case could not be completed in his/her work file.
- Demonstrates Appropriate Clinical Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of medical terms, medical abbreviations, medical charts, medications, and medical protocols
- Knowledge of ICD-10 CM Coding standards
Knowledge of all documents and resources required by policy and procedures for accurate coding
- Demonstrates Knowledge and Accurate Interpretation of State and Federal Regulations
- Follows HIPAA requirements 100% of the time (e.g., never discloses confidential materials and/or information or makes it accessible to unauthorized personnel.)
- Ability to assist staff with interpretation of regulations
- Knowledge of proper procedure for reporting regulation violations.
- Demonstrates Ability to communicate Effectively, in both oral and written forms
- Maintains accurate and professional communications
- Ability to submit adequate documentation when requested
- Ability to give direct and understandable response to questions
- Articulate in a wide range of communication situations
- Ability to communicate in a positive manner
- Demonstrates proper phone etiquette in accordance with company policy
- Possesses the ability to assists with emergency calls or situations when needed
- Complies with applicable legal requirements, standards, policies, and procedures including, but not limited to the Compliance Program: Code of Conduct, HIPAA and Documentation Standards.
- Maintains a commitment to the values and mission of AccentCare
- Preforms other related duties as assigned
- Minimum of 1 year experience in the health care industry
- Prefer minimum of one year of coding experience (Certification in ICD 10 CM coding preferred at hire, required within 90days)
- Working knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy and physiology
- Valid driver’s license and current auto liability insurance
- Available at all times during operating hours
- Able to read, write and comprehend English
- Strong time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-task environment with competing priorities
- A responsible, detail-oriented, results-driven work ethic