Hospice Chaplain - Full Time - Cleveland, Texas
1. Ensures spiritual assessment of patients and families/caregivers in the hospice program and appropriate services are rendered in a timely manner.
2. Facilitates the development of the individualized plan of care by participating in the comprehensive assessment to meet identified spiritual needs.
3. Provides direct spiritual care to patients and families/caregivers.
4. Serves as liaison and support to community chaplains and spiritual counselors.
5. Maintains records of spiritual care services utilization and related activities for quality assurance, program development, and policies and procedures review and revision.
6. Documents direct services and ongoing communication with community chaplains and spiritual counselors.
7. Attends patient care conference and interdisciplinary group meetings as a member of the interdisciplinary group.
8. Provides consultation, education, and support to the interdisciplinary group on spiritual care.
9. Recruits community chaplains, spiritual counselors, and spiritual care volunteers adequate to meet patient and family/caregiver needs by developing community contacts and offering education through congregations about hospice care.
10. Provides for funeral or memorial services for patients as requested.
11. Plans periodic memorial services to meet the needs of personnel, volunteers, and community clergy/spiritual counselors working with the hospice team.
12. Assists in supervision of spiritual care volunteers when assigned to patients/ families/caregivers.
13. Actively participates in quality assessment performance improvement teams and activities.
14. Accepts and performs other related duties and responsibilities as required.