Medical Billing and Collections Specialist
AccentCare, Inc.® is a national post-acute healthcare provider with 45 years of industry experience. We thrive on providing patient-centric care and a warm and personalized experience within our local communities.
Your Success is our Success. We strive to provide new employees with a structured on-boarding process to help you become assimilated quickly, and cutting-edge tools to make your daily work easier and more efficient. We offer extensive training and a wide-array of opportunities for continued education and promotional opportunities.
Position: Accounts Receivable Specialist
Reports to: VP of Reimbursement or Director of A/R
As an Accounts Receivable Specialist you will:
- Initiate billing on assigned claims in an expeditious manner, whether through hard copy claims or electronic format. Maintain control of claims billed and pending to ensure full accountability for all claims.
- Follow-up on all unpaid claims within the required timeframe. Submit all necessary level of appeals and maintain documentation of all collection activity. Advise AR Manager of workload problems which may prevent timely follow up on accounts.
- Work EOB/remittance advices on a daily basis to identify denials or short paid claims. Work with branch office designee on eligibility issues and necessary documentation to ensure timely collection of accounts.
- Demonstrate aggressive yet conscientious collection efforts. Request approval for account adjustments as appropriate.
- Resolve credit balances on a monthly basis and timely submission of refund request documentation to AR Manager
- Submit completed refund request documentation to AR Manager within time designated by management.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by AR Management team.
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by an employee assigned to this position classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the position.
Requirements of Qualified Candidates:
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Minimum 2 year’s experience with Medicare insurance billing and AR related duties
- Home Health – Accounts Receivable experience preferred
- Medicare DDE computer billing system experience needed
- Must have good computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Must have valid proof of identification and employment authorization