Clinical Operations Coordinator TEMP FT
AccentCare, Inc.® is a national post-acute healthcare provider with 45 years of industry experience. We thrive on providing patient-centric care and a warm and personalized experience within our local communities.
Your Success is our Success. We strive to provide new employees with a structured on-boarding process to help you become assimilated quickly, and cutting-edge tools to make your daily work easier and more efficient. We offer extensive training and a wide-array of opportunities for continued education and promotional opportunities.
Position: Clinical Operations Coordinator Bronx, NY (Must speak Spanish)
Reports to: Operations Manager
As a Clinical Operations Coordinator you will:
- Create nursing schedules to ensure that all case openings, recertification visits and supervisory visits are done on a timely basis. Verify schedules with patients and nurses. Follow up and handle changes as needed. Cluster cases wherever possible.
- Track nursing documentation (assessments, supervision, medical reconciliation, emails from contracts, etc.) and follow up on any missing items. Ensure timely completion of documentation. Save documentation it to the common drive, print it out and place it in the proper file, update the reports with any code changes (TALS, flood zone, falls program, etc.). Give any doctor’s orders to the MD Coordinator. Check the OPS system to see if there are any re-starts, transfers, changed cases, emergency visits.
- Handle phone calls for nurses with case managers, physicians, other providers and/or family members to resolve patient issues (ie: inform doctor of new cases that have come to us). Check emails from OPS team, patient care coordinators.
- Provide translations when necessary. Follow up with contracts on any questions. File all information.
- Produce Nurse Productivity Report, based on points system, and submit to the QAPI department.
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, standards, policies and procedures including, but not limited to the Compliance Program: Code of Conduct, HIPAA and Documentation Standards.
- Maintain a commitment to the values and mission of AccentCare.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department.
Requirements of Qualified Candidates:
- 1 – 3 years of experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Bilingual in Spanish Required
- Fundamental working knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures and ability to apply in varied situations
- Able to organize the planning process and develop project schedules at a basic level
- Basic computer/technical skill – able to use word processing and data entry tools
- Basic knowledge of office/administrative support skills
- Able to use common office equipment
- Able to clearly communicate in writing and orally
- Able to collaborate internally and externally at all levels