Client Care Liaison
AccentCare of New York, an AccentCare company, has been serving New Yorkers for over 30 years during which we have built a solid reputation for quality care, experience, and our commitment to our patients and their families. Our compassionate, qualified teams partner with community healthcare providers to deliver consistently exceptional care for patients and their family in New York City and the Hudson Valley.
Join our team! Grow with our company! Help our clients achieve optimal levels of health and remain independent at home!
Position: Client Care Liaison - New York
Reports to: Director of Operations
As a Client Care Liaison, you will:
- Serve as a liaison between the company and it’s vendors (managed care/insurance plans) to build relationships and generate business.
- Maintain and establish new referrals by initiating calls to our current contracts.
- Place daily outbound calls to managed care plans to generate new business
- Maintain the contact spreadsheet and ensure all information is accurate.
- Obtain all information from caller for services required, inform caller of all products and services company can provide, using inside sales techniques.
- Work with office coordinators to ensure client satisfaction (if necessary triage caller to appropriate dept.)
- Work with office staff to determine clinical appropriateness of referrals and staffing levels.
- Enter patient data in agency computer systems.
- Understand individual contracts and their rate structure.
- Maintain other specific tracking logs on a daily and weekly basis.
- Prepare multiple reports for the division and distribute to appropriate management team members.
- Facilitate Customer and Employee Satisfaction calls and mailings.
Requirements of Qualified Candidates:
- High School diploma or equivalent required, Associates Degree Preferred
- Minimum of one (1) years related experience in a health care/social service environment preferred.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Bilingual Spanish, required
- Accurate Data Entry
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Detail oriented
- Schedule flexibility
AccentCare, Inc. company is one of the largest home care companies in the United States. AccentCare, Inc. is a leader in post-acute healthcare, with innovative partnerships and care models covering the full continuum, from personal, non-medical care to skilled nursing, rehabilitation, hospice, and care management. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, AccentCare has over 24,000 compassionate professionals in more than 175 locations, collectively serving over 123,000 individuals across 16 states.