Accounts Receivable Specialist
AccentCare® is a national post-acute healthcare provider with 45 years of industry experience. We thrive on providing patient-centric care and a warm and personalized experience within our local communities.
Your Success is our Success. We strive to provide our new employees with a structured on-boarding process to help you become assimilated quickly, and cutting-edge tools to make your daily work easier and more efficient. We offer extensive training and a wide-array of opportunities for continued education and promotional opportunities.
Position: Accounts Receivable Specialist
Reports to: Senior Director of Reimbursement
*Position requires CV-19 Vaccination as a condition of employment.
As an Accounts Receivable Specialist you will:
- Monitor all Accounts billed and follow-up on unpaid balances over 30 days.
- Analyze aging reports to identify details of open account balances.
- Maintain appropriate documentation and notes of all collection activity.
- Daily review of suspended/RTP claims through DDE access.
- Make corrections as necessary to ensure timely payment of all claims.
- Review daily remittance advice for denials. Verify all PEPs and short paid claims.
- Notify branch office designee of any HMO or eligibility issues.
- Work with branch office designee and outside Home Health Agency on all overlap issues.
- Consult with Senior Reimbursement Manager as necessary.
- Track and report all take-back claims as a result of unbilled final claims.
- Ensure RAPs are reprocessed within 24 hours of cancellation.
- Research and analyze patient account activity to maintain accuracy of patient account balances.
- Recommend account adjustments as appropriate.
- Resolve credit balance Accounts on a monthly basis.
Requirements of Qualified Candidates:
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Minimum 2 year’s experience with Medicare insurance billing and AR related duties
- Home Health – Accounts Receivable experience preferred
- Medicare DDE computer billing system experience needed
- Must have good computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Must have valid proof of identification and employment authorization
- Must have good command of the English language both written and oral.
Position requires CV-19 Vaccination as a condition of employment.