Senior Accountant -Corporate Leases
Building Better Together. Bringing passion and purpose to all we do!
We have a bold vision to reimagine care. And that’s possible because of every individual team member. AccentCare believes investing in people and their opportunities produce more satisfying careers, personal growth, and better patient outcomes. In addition, we emphasize training and hiring a diverse workforce with the lived experience and skills to deliver culturally competent, inclusive care.
Position: Senior Accountant -Corporate Leases
The Senior Accountant – Corporate Leases will be responsible for the monthly and quarterly close process, including preparation of journal entries, monthly and quarterly balance sheet account reconciliations, and financial statement analytics and forecasting, with an emphasis on lease transactions. The Accountant will be in regular communication with the real estate team. Additional responsibilities include assisting with the annual audit process and participating in special ad-hoc projects. The role must also interface with related departments to include FP&A, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll and others. The position may also assist with the implementation of new operating platforms, accounting systems, and support programs as required.
- Prepare monthly journal entries (with an emphasis on, but not limited to, lease activity).
- Prepare timely balance sheet account reconciliations as assigned and research any reconciling items.
- Provide management with monthly financial highlights and variance analysis.
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, standards, policies and procedures including, but not limited to the Compliance Program Code of Conduct, HIPAA and Documentation Standards.
- Maintain a commitment to the values and mission of AccentCare.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately.
- Lease abstraction of data. Understand common leasing terms used on lease contracts
- Input of Lease data into LeaseQuery (Lease Software)
- Assist with the review of inputted lease data in LeaseQuery from other Subsidiaries
- Prepare or assist with ROU Journal entry data from LeaseQuery.
- Prepare lease schedules for internal/external reporting and auditors.
- Gather, verify, and input cross-functional data into the lease management tool
- Own the month-end close process for lease accounting preparation, reconciliation of Lease Query journal entries to actual general ledger, including recording monthly lease journal entries and completing public company level account reconciliations and internal controls
- Work closely with the AP team to reconcile and initiate lease payments, ensuring they are processed completely, accurately, and timely
- Prepare ad hoc reports as needed to support routine reviews, accounting, and financial reporting needs
- Create and maintain procedural documentation and training materials
- Assist the organization with other quarterly and annual internal control processes
- Experience working in a multi-unit service industries or healthcare environment strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of accounting experience, industry, public or combination thereof, preferably in wholesale or retail industry with $1B+ in revenue, along with a clearly demonstrated track record of progressive responsibilities
- This position requires an undergraduate degree in accounting.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and accounting processes.
- MS Office Proficiency - Advanced Microsoft Excel skills in particular.
- Ability to travel (less than 5%), all Domestic US.
- Experience using Great Plains and/or Hyperion usage/knowledge preferred
- Understanding of ASC 842 (Lease Guidance) or experience with lease accounting preferred
- CPA designation preferred
- Experience with lease administration database systems and accounting systems preferred (previous CoStar and/or Netsuite experience a plus, the Company uses LeaseQuery to manage lease accounting)
- This position requires proof of the COVID-19 Vaccination as a condition of employment
- Deadline oriented, with ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Must possess a solid level of technical and problem-solving skills.
- Commitment to high standards, integrity and ethics.
- Tremendously proactive, customer/results focused high achiever, delivers on commitments.
- Desire to champion best practices.
- Strong team and service orientation.
- Must have good analytical, organizational, verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Desire to learn and advance career.
- Team player with a cooperative attitude.
- Excellent verbal communication
- Ability to manage time and work to tight deadlines