Insurance & Verification Authorization Supervisor
AccentCare is looking for passionate clinicians committed to delivering exceptional care in the home.
We are committed to quality patient outcomes—delivering evidence-based care in the home—and providing comprehensive training to further develop our staff along with continuing education and promotional opportunities.
Come join the AccentCare team and Make A Difference every day.
The Insurance Department Supervisor is responsible for assisting and reporting to the Director of Insurance assigned duties and responsibilities. Maintaining and reviewing day to day workflow for insurance staff, organization, and maintenance of documents necessary for accurate business authorization billing on Non-Medicare Payors. Assignment of other projects and responsibilities as needed.
- Maintain and report on department metrics weekly, monthly and annually as assigned by Director
- Perform routine audits of department staff work, report findings/issues to Director to address individually
- Help in the evaluation of staff members quarterly and annually and report findings to Director
- Work with company contracting and accounts receivable departments on payor and billing issues as assigned
- Make updates as assigned to department job aids and training materials
- Complete assigned tasks and projects in timely and manner, meeting all hard deadlines given
- Solve problems independently and come to Director with solutions and resolutions
- Knowledge of functionality and roles of all department responsibilities
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy of patient/family finances, records, health status, etc.
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, standards, policies and procedures including, but not limited to the Compliance Program: Code of Conduct, HIPAA and Documentation Standards.
- Maintains a commitment to the values and mission of AccentCare.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department.
- High School diploma
- Minimum two years of experience in a home health / medical service setting, preferred
- Familiarity with Electronic Medical Records (EMR), preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Non-Medicare home health requirements
- Working knowledge of billing activities and accounts receivable systems
- Understanding of Federal, State and accreditation regulations governing home care
- Ability to manage a variety of clerical insurance staff members, while addressing unique individual needs
- Ability to assess process problems and assist in identifying opportunities for improvement with Director
- Good customer service skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- General office procedure skills
- Excellent computer skills (HCHB, Microsoft Applications, Payor Portal)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with both internal / external customers
- Exercise excellent time management and organizational skill to meet set deadlines and sustain ability to work in multi-task environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to evaluate possible process improvement & solutions as assigned by Director
- Willingness to take on new projects and assignments or a history of taking on new projects
- Ability to fluently speak, read, write and understand the English language
- Efficient time management skills