Clinical Liaison (RN or LVN)- Texas Medical Center area in Houston, TX
RN or LVN license required
Service area: Texas Medical Center in Houston, TX
We are committed to quality patient outcomes—delivering evidence-based care in the home—and providing comprehensive training to further develop our staff along with continuing education and promotional opportunities.
Come join the AccentCare team and Make A Difference every day.
As a Clinical Liaison you will review AccentCare’s services and their transition to home with potential or current patients in health care facility setting. Develop relationships with facility case management departments regarding coordination of care after discharge. Provide continuing education to our referral sources on our programs, patient choice, and other applicable regulations.
- Meet with patients in the hospital or nursing facility to discuss services and transition to home on either home health or hospice services.
- Act as a liaison for clinical appropriateness to our internal branch Directors on the complexity of patients discharging and validating that the needs can be serviced at home; input documentation into HCHB RE: the service needs, contact information of patient/family; and coordinate with other vendors as necessary.
- Coordinate home health services with physician as needed, which may include taking both written and verbal orders.
- Partner with Account Executives in the field to provide clinical education to referral sources; work in conjunction with referral sources on protocols on our program needs.
- Provide communication and continuing education to the referral sources.
- Review and assist with hospital hold list, periodically participate in sales meetings & case conference, coordinate communication to the offices regarding new protocols or clinical requirements of the referral sources.
- Maintain effective communication with patients, caregivers and referral sources.
- Maintain effective communication with field and office staff.
- Ensure written communications are clear and concise.
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, standards, policies and procedures including but not limited to those within the Compliance Process, Code of Conduct, and HIPAA requirements.
- Participate in required orientation, Compliance and HIPAA training programs.
- Report concerns and suspected incidences of non-compliance to the supervisor, administrator, compliance officer and/or the compliance hotline.
- Cooperate with monitoring and audit functions and investigations.
- Participate, as requested, in process improvement responsibilities.
- Report to the Regional Sales Manager
Requirements of Qualified Candidates:
- Associate's or bachelor’s degree in nursing with LVN or RN License
- 1 - 3 years of experience
- Ability to maintain assigned work hours
- Competent in Microsoft office applications with proficiency in Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-task environment with competing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal/listening skills
- Possess a responsible, detail-oriented, results-driven work ethic