Masters Social Worker LMSW - Hospice - Waco, TX
AccentCare, Inc.® is a national post-acute healthcare provider with 45 years of industry experience. We thrive on providing patient-centric care and a warm and personalized experience within our local communities.
Your Success is our Success. We strive to provide new employees with a structured on-boarding process to help you become assimilated quickly, and cutting-edge tools to make your daily work easier and more efficient. We offer extensive training and a wide-array of opportunities for continued education and promotional opportunities.
Position: Medical Social Worker
Reports to: Director of Patient Care Services
As a Medical Social Worker you will:
- Assess the psychosocial status of patients and families/caregivers related to the patient’s terminal illness and environment and communicates findings to the registered nurse and other members of the interdisciplinary group.
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, standards, policies and procedures including, but not limited to the Compliance Program: Code of Conduct, HIPAA and Documentation Standards.
- Demonstrate service excellence, guiding principles and mission of Texas Home Health Hospice in work performance.
Requirements of Qualified Candidates:
- Master of Social Work Degree from a school of Social Work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
- Minimum of one (1) year experience required in healthcare setting; hospice preferred
- Possesses and maintains current CPR certification
- Understands hospice philosophy, and issues of death/dying
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state or organization requirements and is in good working order