Senior Manager, Global Strategic Marketing – Early Pipeline
Who are we?
Acceleron is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development, and commercialization of therapeutics to treat serious and rare diseases. Acceleron’s leadership in the understanding of TGF-beta superfamily biology and protein engineering generates innovative compounds that engage the body's ability to regulate cellular growth and repair.
Acceleron focuses its commercialization, research, and development efforts in hematologic and pulmonary diseases. In hematology, REBLOZYL® (luspatercept-aamt) is the first and only erythroid maturation agent approved in the United States and Europe for the treatment of anemia in certain blood disorders. REBLOZYL is part of a global collaboration partnership with Bristol Myers Squibb. The Companies co-promote REBLOZYL in the United States and are also developing luspatercept for the treatment of anemia in patient populations of MDS, beta-thalassemia, and myelofibrosis. In pulmonary, Acceleron is developing sotatercept for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension, having recently reported positive topline results of the Phase 2 PULSAR trial.
What’s in it for you?
We are seeking a talented and passionate individual who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced, team-oriented, and collaborative environment to be part of our success. Reporting to the Global Commercial Lead, Early Pipeline and External Innovation, you will be responsible for supporting the team on commercial strategy, new product planning and market development initiatives in support of ACE-1334 and the early pipeline. The role works closely with Research, Clinical Development, Market Insights and other Commercial functions to bring clear and actionable commercial perspectives to advance Acceleron’s pipeline. The Early Commercial team is focused on advancing and shaping our pipeline to make sure it meets important patient needs and can bring value to our customers and to Acceleron.
What will you be doing?
The Senior Manager, Early Pipeline Marketing will provide new product planning and commercial strategy support to ACE-1334 and early stage pipeline assets. With the support of the Head of Early Commercial Strategy, the Senior Manager will have responsibility for planning and execution of initiatives in support of ACE-1334 Life Cycle Management (LCM). The individual will represent Global Strategic Marketing – Early Pipeline as the Commercial representative on cross-functional teams. Additional activities to support ACE-1334 and pipeline assets depending on specific needs.
Key responsibilities include:
- Partner with Head of Early Commercial Strategy to provide commercial perspective to drive key business and development decisions in support of early brand plans for ACE-1334 and pipeline assets
- With support of Head of Early Commercial Strategy and cross-functional partners, develop ACE-1334 LCM strategy across new indications and product improvements
- Partner with Market Insights to design market research plans in support of advancing ACE-1334 LCM strategy
- Develop and optimize target product profiles for ACE-1334 in new indications and in support of pipeline assets.
- Develop disease area understanding, map competitive landscapes, and identify unmet needs
- Collaborate to design and execute market development initiatives including segmentation and advisory boards in support of 1334 and pipeline assets
- Identify critical knowledge gaps in relevant disease areas and collaborate with Market Insights and Market Access to execute primary and/or secondary market research
- Synthesize key insights and conclusions in alignment with cross functional partners for recommendation to optimize early pipeline strategy for internal assets.
What are we looking for?
- At least 5 years of relevant commercial experience in biotech/ pharma in brand marketing, new product planning, or strategic/ global marketing roles or activities
- BA/BS required; MBA or advanced degree preferred
- Prior experience in rare disease preferred
- Proven ability to quickly gain an in-depth understanding of various disease states to support commercial objectives
- Exceptional strategic and analytic thinking skills; ability to synthesize qualitative and quantitative research and to develop commercial strategy, objectives and tactics to bring assets to market
- Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to articulate commercial perspective in a cross-functional setting
- Ability to work collaboratively and build trust with others across all functions and levels within the organization
- Excellent organizational skills, follow-through and comfort with multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Proven team player
This position will allow you to join a growing and advancing company with an active pipeline. As a part of a small, yet dynamic team, you will have the opportunity to develop your commercial knowledge and experience, quickly build ownership in your role and seek new opportunities for growth as we prepare to take products through the clinic to commercialization. If you are looking to be a part of an innovative and fast-paced environment, join our team!
*In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
*Recruiters - please do not send unsolicited resumes to this posting.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO:
Acceleron is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development, and commercialization of therapeutics to treat serious and rare diseases. Acceleron's leadership in the understanding of TGF-beta superfamily biology and protein engineering generates innovative compounds that engage the body's ability to regulate cellular growth and repair. Acceleron focuses its commercialization, research, and development efforts in hematologic and pulmonary diseases. In hematology, Acceleron and its global collaboration partner, Bristol Myers Squibb, are co-promoting REBLOZYL® (luspatercept-aamt), the first and only approved erythroid maturation agent, in the United States for the treatment of anemia in certain blood disorders. The Companies are also developing luspatercept for the treatment of chronic anemia in patient populations of MDS, beta-thalassemia, and myelofibrosis. In pulmonary, Acceleron is developing sotatercept for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension, having recently reported positive topline results of the Phase 2 PULSAR trial. For more information, please visit https://acceleronpharma.com. Follow Acceleron on Social Media: @AcceleronPharma and LinkedIn.