Medical Science Liaison, Pulmonary/ CV Northwest
What is it in for you?
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) will provide scientific, educational, and research support in the Northwest regional territory, covering AK, WA, OR, and Northern California.
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is a field-based member of the Medical Affairs team. The MSL is highly trained in the healthcare field, well-versed in clinical and basic science, and capable of delivering cutting-edge data and technical/practical education to Health Care Professionals (HCPs).
The MSL is responsible for identifying, cultivating, maintaining, and strengthening relationships with key experts. He/She will act as a conduit for providing accurate and updated clinical, scientific, and medical information to PAH Experts, health care professionals, treatment decision-makers, and members of the scientific provider and payer communities in a compliant manner.
What will you be doing?
Your responsibilities are to:
- Engage external stakeholders on scientific information through one-on-one interactions and group settings, demonstrate thorough scientific and clinical knowledge, and develop and execute tasks of strategic medical plans.
- Identify, cultivate, maintain, and strengthen scientific relationships with key opinion leaders, clinical investigators, and providers in academic and non-academic settings in a credible and ethical manner.
- Serve as a scientific expert at key medical and scientific conferences, advisory boards, roundtables, clinical investigator meetings, and internal meetings. Support field-based cross-functional teams with medical expertise.
- Serve as a local medical and scientific resource for product planning, clinical insight, and intelligence; capture, synthesize and deliver healthcare insights to cross-functional teams.
- Partner with clinical- and medical operations teams to coordinate research support for sites/investigators participating in company-sponsored clinical trials, optimize recruitment, and enhance subject retention.
- Facilitate research collaboration (including evidence generation and investigator-sponsored studies) with key investigators in a compliant manner.
- Provide organizational medical and scientific support for initiatives related to payers, managed markets, and health care organizations. Demonstrate strong competency in medical and scientific exchange with healthcare organizations.
- Support and execute specific internal projects, programs, and initiatives.
- Adhere to regulatory and industry compliance guidelines and company policies in all aspects of scientific information dissemination, including responses to unsolicited requests for medical information.
- Perform effectively on duties as assigned.
What are we looking for?
- Master’s degree required. Advanced degree in life sciences (MD, PharmD, Ph.D., NP, or equivalent) preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as an MSL or 3 years of clinical experience in PAH, cardiology, pulmonary, critical care, or other equivalent clinical experiences required.
- Experience working with and presenting to formulary committee payers strongly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to think strategically and apply knowledge and analytical skills.
- Thrives in a team environment and enjoys cross-functional collaboration; positively contributes to team culture.
- Ability to work independently and proactively; adapt effectively to new processes and requirements; demonstrates high motivation.
- Sets high-performance standards for self and others, able to multitask and prioritize.
- Strong scientific knowledge through experience and learning; strong ability to synthesize and present data.
- MSL Leveling depending on experiences. Candidates with 3-5 years of MSL experience and demonstrated leadership cross-functionally may be considered for Senior MSL.
- Ability to travel 60-70%, proximity to a major airport is desirable
- Must have valid US driver’s license
- Ability to travel 60-70%
- Valid US driver’s license
- Field-based position
Acceleron is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development, and commercialization of therapeutics to treat serious and rare diseases. Acceleron's leadership in the understanding of TGF-beta superfamily biology and protein engineering generates innovative compounds that engage the body's ability to regulate cellular growth and repair. Acceleron focuses its commercialization, research, and development efforts in hematologic and pulmonary diseases. In hematology, Acceleron and its global collaboration partner, Bristol Myers Squibb, are co-promoting REBLOZYL® (luspatercept-aamt), the first and only approved erythroid maturation agent, in the United States for the treatment of anemia in certain blood disorders. The Companies are also developing luspatercept for the treatment of chronic anemia in patient populations of MDS, beta-thalassemia, and myelofibrosis. In pulmonary, Acceleron is developing sotatercept for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension, having recently reported positive topline results of the Phase 2 PULSAR trial. For more information, please visit https://acceleronpharma.com. Follow Acceleron on Social Media: @AcceleronPharma and LinkedIn.