Senior SEO Specialist
Abt Electronics has an immediate opening for the position of an in-house Senior SEO Specialist. We are a family-owned company that has been in business since 1936 and continues to experience strong growth year after year. Abt Electronics specializes in electronics, appliance & furniture sales, delivery, installation, and servicing of all the products we sell. We are a perennial winner of the Chicago Tribune's Top Workplace Award.
We are looking for a highly motivated, flexible & friendly Sr. SEO Specialist to join our team. If this is you, we want to hear from you! The Sr. SEO Specialist will join Abt to work with all SEO activities such as strategic planning, technical SEO, on-page SEO, off-page SEO, and keyword research to increase organic rankings on all major search engines. In addition, must be comfortable contributing/working in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, and fun work environment.
You should bring a fresh perspective on Technical SEO, Off-page SEO, and SEO content strategy. You will work closely with current SEO team members and the IT department and share ideas and recommendations. You will collaborate closely with the digital marketing team, sales experts, merchandising, web developers, SEO content writers, and SEO team members. You will come up with SEO strategies to drive the strategic growth of our organic channels with a focus on increasing traffic, sales, acquiring customers, and content creation while implementing SEO best practices.
The ideal candidate will be a strategic and creative thinker who can proactively problem solve SEO issues and contribute solutions with a deep understanding of SEO and digital marketing. This position will report directly to the Director of SEO.
- In-Office position
- BA/BS degree required
- 3+ years of SEO experience - Technical SEO, On-Page SEO, and Off-Page SEO
- Conduct keyword research to guide content writers
- Review technical SEO issues and recommend fixes
- Develop and implement link building campaigns
- Monitor and analyze SEO tracking and reporting
- Familiarity with relevant tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Screaming Frog SEO, BrightEdge, Conductor, Ahrefs, Google Search Console, & Bing Webmaster tools).
- Provide SEO recommendations and collaborate with multiple teams to ensure successful SEO campaigns.
- E-Commerce SEO experience required
- Professional experience in search engine optimization
- Proven history of success in SEO marketing
- Knowledge of HTML and Adobe Creative Suite
- Passion deep for SEO and algorithms
- SEO Copywriting is plus
- Exceptional attention to detail, accuracy, and quality
- Think creatively, strategically, and have high problem-solving skills.
- Formal SEO training or certification a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in digital marketing or computer science a plus
We offer our team members:
- Competitive earnings
- Medical/Dental (Blue Cross and Blue Shield PPO Network) and Vision (VSP) 401(k) (Charles Schwab) which includes a matching program
- Life and Disability insurance (Lincoln Financial)
- Generous Paid Time Off/Sick Pay Program
- Onsite continued training and career development
- Employee discounts on all products we sell
- Performance-based bonus programs
- Yearly performance review
This is an in-house position at our office located in Glenview, IL.