SEO Content Writer
Abt Electronics has an immediate opening for SEO Content Writer. We're looking for innovative, experienced SEO writers who know how to create articles that will rank on Google and drive purchase intent through high converting, SEO-optimized copy. You are obsessed with data and work quickly and accurately. You bring expertise, knowledge and fun to a variety of topics - whether you’re writing about “How to Organize Your Laundry Room” or optimizing a “Gas vs. Electric Dryer” article.
Abt Electronics is a family owned company that has been in business since 1936 and continues to experience strong growth year after year. Abt Electronics specializes in electronics, appliance & furniture sales, delivery, installation and servicing all the products we sell. We are a perennial winner of the Chicago Tribune's Top Workplace Award.
This is the new age of content writing. Search engines are the easiest and most frequent way that consumers explore, assess, and make purchases online. Outside of paid placements, how does a business "show up" in the "organic" search results that are algorithmically determined? That's where Abt's Search Engine Optimization Team comes in - optimizing for the best possible placement in organic search results pages.
We are looking for a strong writer with an inquisitive nature who can find something intrinsically interesting with any assignment. This role requires someone who can be creative with content strategy, who is self-motivated, organized and possesses strong self-editing skills. Ability to effectively collaborate with internal teams and clients is crucial for success.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Conduct keyword research and content strategies for targeting and ranking for high-volume keywords.
- Examine competitor content and discover keyword gaps in content.
- Prioritize content creation based on organic opportunity.
- Create optimized copy for category and informational pages.
- Monitor organic performance through a variety of tools like Google Analytics, Google Search Console, BrightEdge, or SEMrush.
- Collaborate with team members from other departments to ensure cohesive strategy.
- Manage multiple projects and topics simultaneously, seamlessly moving from niche to niche as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned which could include (but are not limited to) link building, content marketing efforts or ad-hoc analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university ( Communications, English, Journalism, Business, Marketing or related degree)
- 2+ years of SEO writing experience preferred.
- A strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask.
- Creative and strategic thinker and problem solver
- Passion for SEO and a proactive attitude toward enhancing SEO knowledge and self-development.
We offer our team members:
- Medical/Dental (Blue Cross and Blue Shield PPO Network) & Vision (VSP)
- 401(k) (Charles Schwab) which includes a matching program
- Life & Disability insurance (Lincoln Financial)
- Generous Paid Time Off/Sick Pay Program
- Employee discounts on all products we sell
- This is an in-house position, not remote, at our office located in Glenview, IL.