Video Writer/Producer: Abt is the largest single-store retailer of electronics and appliances in America; Family owned and operated since 1936. We’re looking for a dynamic video writer/producer who is passionate about technology and has the ability to deliver top-quality copy using language that is both exciting and engaging. Our focus is to produce videos that are informative, fun to watch, and easy to understand. Content will be created for a wide range of marketing initiatives including, but not limited to, television commercials, social media campaigns, and product review/how-to videos for both Abt.com and the Abt Electronics YouTube page. The ideal candidate will have a good, working knowledge of electronics and a willingness to learn appliances as well as new categories as our product lines expand.
Abt offers a fun working environment, competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, and employee discounts on electronics and appliances.
- Select products/topics for video creation -Research product/topic to acquire detailed knowledge
- Develop a script to engage the viewing audience -Write in a style that is informative, yet conversational and easy-to-understand
- Accept/provide constructive feedback on scripts
- Arrange on-site location/talent/products for filming of video -Work well with others both inside and outside the department
- Setting up and breaking down sets for commercials/product videos
- Collaborates with internal marketing and communications teams to create compelling copy that drives strategy results.
- Minimum 4 years of proven, relevant experience
- Research and gain working knowledge of a wide range of products
- Self-starting with an eagerness to learn
- Accurately explain complex ideas in an easy-to-understand, succinct format
- Have a passion for all things tech related
- Work well as part of a team or individually
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Ability to multitask
- Provide quick turnaround times on scripts/projects
- Ability to implement search engine optimization (SEO) strategies into writing for enhanced online visibility
- Willingness to serve as on-camera talent.
- Working knowledge of video production equipment to assist, when necessary, on commercial/video shoot
We offer our team members:
- Medical/Dental (Blue Cross and Blue Shield PPO Network) & Vision (VSP)
- 401(k) (Charles Schwab) which includes a matching program
- Life & Disability insurance (Lincoln Financial)
- Generous Paid Time Off/Sick Pay Program
- Continued training & career development
- Employee discounts on all products we sell
- Employee fitness center complete with weight machines, free weights, treadmills, elliptical machines, basketball, and racquetball courts