Abt Electronics has an immediate opening for the position of Diesel Mechanic. We are a family-owned company that has been in business since 1936 and continues to experience strong growth year after year. Abt Electronics specializes in electronics, appliance & furniture sales, delivery, installation and servicing all the products we sell. We are a perennial winner of the Chicago Tribune’s Top Workplace Award. We are looking for a highly motivated, flexible & friendly Diesel Mechanic to join our team. If this is you, we want to hear from you!
In addition, must be comfortable contributing/working in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced and fun work environment. Primary duties include:
- Routine truck and vehicle maintenance.
- Change oil and filters.
- Diagnose and repair suspension problems, brakes, electrical issues and engine problems.
- Remove and replace springs
- Lift gate and cargo door repairs.
- Isuzu NRR and Isuzu 5.2 diesel experience
- Pass a DOT physical & drug test
- Valid Driver’s License
- Team oriented
- Able to participate daily in physical labor
- Saturdays required
- Problem-solving skills
- General knowledge of technology
We offer our team members:
- Hourly rate starting at $28 or more based upon experience
- 4 performance-based bonuses throughout the year
- Steady year-round work (includes time & a half after 40 hours)
- Potential for advancement & yearly performance review
- Medical/Dental (Blue Cross and Blue Shield PPO Network) & Vision (VSP)
- 401(k) (Charles Schwab) which includes a matching program
- Life & Disability insurance (Lincoln Financial)
- Generous Paid Time Off/Sick Pay Program
- Continued training & career development
- Employee discounts on all the products we sell
- Employee fitness center complete with weight machines, free weights, treadmills, elliptical machines, basketball, and racquetball courts