User Experience Designer
Abt Electronics has an immediate opening for the position of a User Experience Designer . We are a family owned company who has been in business since 1936 and continues to experience strong growth year after year. Abt Electronics specializes in electronics, appliance & furniture sales, delivery, installation and servicing all the products we sell. We are a perennial winner of the Chicago Tribune’s Top Workplace Award. We are looking for a highly motivated, flexible & friendly User Experience Designer to join our team. If this is you, we want to hear from you!
In addition, must be comfortable contributing/working in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced and fun work environment. Primary duties include (but not limited to):
- Manage multiple projects across the product lifecycle, set the vision web experiences, and present design rationale in a convincing manner
- Partner closely with developers, the marketing team or sales team to translate user goals into elegant, memorable design solutions.
- Ensure designs and user interfaces deliver core brand strategy and vision • narrow broad possibilities into actionable next steps; realize ideas with the appropriate level of detail and fidelity at every phase.
- Be creative, conceptual, and imaginative in nature
- Be an effective communicator. Listen, learn, and engage with customers and co-workers.
- Research and design concepts for our website, products, and retail stores that are usable, beautiful, and marketable
- Design page layouts and interactions for e-commerce and blog websites
- Work closely with developers throughout the implementation process
- Work collaboratively with our entire staff to create beautiful visual content that complements our brand and marketing strategies
- Analyze usability, conversion rate, and SEO reports to identify new opportunities that improve each visitor’s website experience
- Maintain professional and friendly communications. Whether over the phone, over email, or in-person, we want to ensure our customers and collaborators receive the best, courteous, service possible
- Be a team player. We’re a small but powerful team. Team support and engagement is expected from all of our employees.
- Local position- Limited Remote work
- Provide a link to your portfolio
- 2-4 years experience designing across mobile and web at consumer-focused brands or agencies.
- Passion for design systems and data-informed product design
- Incredible design sensibility with proven experience shipping customer-centric products
- Experience creating low fidelity prototypes, user flow diagrams and screen flows with prototyping tools like Adobe XD, InVision, Figma, Balsamiq or similar
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, from concept to completion.
- Excellent communication skills, collaborative nature, and a strong design point of view
- Portfolio that showcases your contribution to digital products and demonstrates originality, innovation, and strong problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate a love and passion for everything design and art related
- Have a strong understanding of the latest design tools, concepts, and technologies
- Ability to identify overarching web design issues and opportunities and implement effective solutions.
- Ability to put yourself in the customer’s shoes and come up with ideas that are relevant and enticing.
- General knowledge and experience across the entire marketing spectrum
- Have a highly creative mind with impeccable taste
- Have thick skin. Know how to accept advice or critiques, of your work, and how to implement improvements
- Highly organized and detailed oriented
- Punctual work ethic with a “can-do” mentality
- Skilled with cloud applications, office technology, and design applications
- An active learner who loves finding ways to improve your skill
- Experience working with developers in an agile development environment
- Proficient in multitasking, so you can successfully engage multiple tasks at a time
- Be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with session replay platforms such as Mouseflow, Hotjar, ContentSquare or similar
We offer our team members:
- Medical/Dental (Blue Cross and Blue Shield PPO Network)
- 401(k) (Charles Schwab) which includes a matching program
- Life & Disability insurance (Lincoln Financial)
- Generous Paid Time Off/Sick Pay Program
- Onsite continued training
- Employee discounts on all products we sell