SEO Content Writer
This is an in-house position (not remote) at our office located in Glenview, IL. Non-local applicants will not be considered—all employees must be able to work from our location in Glenview, IL.
Abt Electronics has an immediate opening for SEO Content Writer. We're looking for an innovative, experienced SEO writer who knows how to create articles that will rank on Google and drive purchase intent through high converting, SEO-optimized copy. Most importantly, you work quickly and accurately. You bring expertise, knowledge, and fun to a variety of topics - whether you’re writing about “How to Organize Your Laundry Room” or optimizing a “Gas vs. Electric Dryer” article.
Abt Electronics is a family-owned company that has been in business since 1936 and continues to experience strong growth year after year. Abt Electronics specializes in electronics, appliance & furniture sales, delivery, installation, and servicing of all the products we sell. We are a perennial winner of the Chicago Tribune's Top Workplace Award.
Search engines are the easiest and most frequent way that consumers explore, assess, and make purchases online. Outside of paid placements, how does a business "show up" in the organic search results that are algorithmically determined? That's where Abt's Search Engine Optimization team comes in - optimizing for the best possible placement in organic search results pages.
We are looking for a strong writer who can find something interesting about any assignment. This role requires someone who can be creative with content strategy, who is self-motivated, organized, and possesses strong self-editing skills. The ability to effectively collaborate with internal teams and clients is crucial for success.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
● Create optimized copy for category and informational pages.
● Conduct keyword research and content strategies for targeting and ranking for high-volume keywords.
● Prioritize content creation based on organic opportunity.
● Monitor organic performance through a variety of tools like Google Analytics and Google Search Console.
● Collaborate with team members from other departments to ensure a cohesive strategy.
● Manage multiple projects and topics simultaneously.
● Perform other duties as assigned which may include (but are not limited to) competitive research, website auditing and front-end HTML coding.
● Bachelor’s degree (Communications, English, Journalism, Business, Marketing or related degree).
● Experience writing content for search engines.
● Experience researching keywords.
● Strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask.
● Creative and strategic thinker and problem solver.
● HTML experience preferred but not required.
● Additional content experience (social media, email, etc.) is preferred but not required.
We offer our team members:
● Medical/Dental (Blue Cross and Blue Shield PPO Network) & Vision (VSP)
● 401(k) (Charles Schwab) which includes a matching program
● Life & Disability insurance (Lincoln Financial)
● Generous Paid Time Off/Sick Pay Program
● Employee discounts on all products we sell