Sr. SEO Specialist
Abt Electronics has an immediate opening for the position of a Sr. SEO Specialist. We are a family owned company who has been in business since 1936 and continues to experience strong growth year after year. Abt Electronics specializes in electronics, appliance & furniture sales, delivery, installation and servicing all the products we sell. We are a perennial winner of the Chicago Tribune's Top Workplace Award.
We are looking for a highly motivated, flexible & friendly Sr. SEO Specialist to join our team. If this is you, we want to hear from you! The Sr. SEO Specialist will join Abt to work with all SEO activities such as strategic planning, technical SEO, on-page SEO, off-page SEO, and keyword strategy to increase rankings on all major search networks. In addition, must be comfortable contributing/working in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced and fun work environment.
You should bring a fresh perspective on technical SEO and content strategy. You will work closely with current SEO team members and the IT department and share ideas and recommendations. Must be able to understand and maintain site content and architecture based on need and search engine algorithm changes. Collaborate closely with the digital marketing team, sales experts, merchandising, IT, content writers and current SEO team to come up with strategies to grow organic traffic. Identify categories / products / brands to optimize based on customer behavior, seasonality, and importance.
- BA/BS degree required
- 5+ years of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) required
- Strong quantitative skills required to analyze and optimize performance
- Up to date with the latest trends and best practices in SEO and Digital Marketing.
- In-depth experience with website analytics tools (e.g. BrightEdge, Google Analytics, Screaming Frog SEO, SEMRush, Ahrefs, Google Search Console, & Bing Webmaster tools) is required.
- Self-motivated and able to work both individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to use logic to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to prioritize and justification of different projects and tasks to maximize traffic and revenue.
- E-Commerce and Retail experience required
We offer our team members:
- Medical/Dental (Blue Cross and Blue Shield PPO Network) & Vision (VSP)
- 401(k) (Charles Schwab) which includes a matching program
- Life & Disability insurance (Lincoln Financial)
- Generous Paid Time Off/Sick Pay Program
- Continued training & career development
- Employee discounts on all products we sell
- Employee fitness center complete with weight machines, free weights, treadmills, elliptical machines, basketball, and racquetball courts