Abt Electronics has an immediate opening for the position of a Videographer/Editor. We are a family owned company who has been in business since 1936 and continues to experience strong growth year after year. Abt Electronics specializes in electronics, appliance & furniture sales, delivery, installation and servicing all the products we sell. We are a perennial winner of the Chicago Tribune’s Top Workplace Award. We are looking for a highly motivated, flexible & friendly Videographer/Editor to join our team. If this is you, we want to hear from you!
Primary duties include:
- Light, record audio and film on-screen talent and product b-roll.
- From a provided script, you will work with a presenter, acting as director and camera operator capturing the appropriate footage
- Edit footage filmed to create a clear and cohesive video that is engaging, informative and clear.
- Assist on larger productions setting up lights, moving equipment or possibly acting as a background actor!
- 2-3 years of experience working in the field and in the studio with audio/video recordings
- Solid reel/portfolio* showcasing compelling production and post production abilities
- Strong knowledge of lighting set-ups
- Troubleshooting ability to resolve technical issues
- Technical proficiency in Davinci Resolve, FCPX, Photoshop, Illustrator and Audition; After Effects a plus
- Basic understanding of post production, color correction/balancing
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Must exhibit flexibility under pressure and demonstrate ability to produce results
- Ability to be a one person team, or become a team member assisting on other projects.
- Ability to use sound recording equipment (shotgun mics, lavalier mics).
- Attention to detail is a must (check proper white balance, notice a smudge on the product being filmed, notice unintended reflections, etc.)
- Able to accommodate unanticipated spikes in workload
- Strong interpersonal skills and desire to be a collaborator in a creative team
*Candidates will not be considered without a reel or portfolio of work*
We offer our team members:
- Yearly performance review
- Potential for advancement
- 4 performance based bonuses throughout the year
- Medical/Dental (Blue Cross and Blue Shield PPO Network) & Vision (VSP)
- 401(k) (Charles Schwab) which includes a matching program
- Life & Disability insurance (Lincoln Financial)
- Generous Paid Time Off/Sick Pay Program
- Continued training & career development
- Employee discounts on all products we sell
- Employee fitness center complete with weight machines, free weights, treadmills, elliptical machines, basketball, and racquetball courts