Senior Software Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer, specializing in Java Middle Tier development, to join one of our scrum teams in Vancouver.
You will work as part of a scrum team, participating in planning and executing sprints. You will contribute to design and architecture, research solutions, build out new features, and help to improve the overall quality of our code base.
If you are a fast learner, a team player, and consistently deliver on your commitments, you will feel right at home on this team.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Designing and developing complex platform components with a team of senior engineers
- Contributing to the evolution of the infrastructure and technology architecture, combining technology selection and operational expertise to ensure product excellence, resiliency, security, and development efficiency
- Automating testing and maintenance of software modules to a high quality standard
- Writing software architecture and design documents
- Participating in Agile development activities including sprint planning, stand-ups, retrospectives and demos
- Participating in peer reviews
- Collaborating with local and remote co-workers, mentor and coach
- Debugging and solve complex problems either individually or within a team
- Working with your scrum teams to continuously improve
- B.S. degree in Computer Science is minimum, M.S. in Computer Science is preferred
- 7+ years of Java EE development
- 7+ years of working with Hibernate, Spring or similar JPA framework
- 7+ years of experience with a variety of persistence technologies (Relational and NoSQL)
- 4+ years with Message Orientated Middleware
- Experience in an Agile development environment
- Strong development experience with RESTful API’s, MongoDB, Microservice architecture and multi-threaded application development
- Knowledge of cloud IaaS/PaaS and container orchestration tools (Kubernetes, Docker)
- Working knowledge of delivering into cloud based environments using standard CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Artifactory, SonarQube) and best practices
- Experience with continuous software delivery model is a plus
- Outstanding problem solving and organizational skills
- Communication is crucial – so excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must
- Continuously looks for ways to improve and sets a very high bar in terms of quality
Why Work For Us:
Absolute is the new standard for endpoint visibility and control, delivering self-healing endpoint security, always-connected IT asset management, and continuous data visibility—both on and off the network. Unlike other endpoint security agent solutions that can be corrupted, compromised or deleted, Absolute can self-heal itself and other critical applications through our patented Persistence technology that is embedded in the firmware of over 1 billion endpoints. No other security company can make this claim.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with international offices in Austin, Texas, Reading, UK and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, we are a collaborative and innovative place to make your mark in the world of security. Our agile, high energy culture rewards top performance and the contributions of those passionate about our collective growth and success. We celebrate our wins in our large common areas where we hold engineering hackathons, end of quarter celebrations, and monthly socials. We believe in a good work / life balance which is reflected in our annual employee retreat where it’s all about friends and family. To learn more about Absolute, visit our website at www.absolute.com or visit our YouTube channel.
Absolute is an equal opportunity employer