Cloud Network Infrastructure Engineer
Join Absolute’s Cloud Engineering & Hosting Operations teams and be part of our new core infrastructure and cloud initiatives. Our team is building the foundation for the next generation of the company services on top of Kubernetes and AWS. This is a global high throughput set of services that process data for hundreds of millions of devices per day. Be part of architecting the core application stack for throughput and resilience at Absolute.
Do you have a passion for our core mission?
- Solve challenges of scalability, efficiency, and security at scale in cloud environments
- Building high availability, high resilience networks and infrastructure
- Security best practices through continuous monitoring, architecture, networking, and automation
Accountabilities Will Include:
- Help design, maintain, and administer secure and scalable networks in both data centre and cloud environments
- Perimeter security, firewalls, load balancers
- Core network hardware in the data centres
- Core networking in the cloud environments
- Troubleshooting, maintenance, and improvement of the core data centre network
- SOC 2 and FedRAMP implementation as regards network security and design
- Strong Linux Administration skillset
- AWS & Azure experience
- Core networking experience:
- Multi-account cross-region AWS network stacks, including Direct Connect, Transit Gateways, VPC Peering, Subnet Sharing
- Cisco Nexus routers, Catalyst switches, F5, Dell Powerconnect, Brocade
- VMware distributed vSwitch networking
- Automation should mean everything to you; Experience with Terraform, Ansible, and other such tools to provision infrastructure
- A strong belief that all infrastructure should be immutable
- Willingness and ability to troubleshoot, debug and fix issues you’ve never seen before
- A monitoring and metrics as a first-class citizen approach to all you do
Why work for us?
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with international offices in San Jose - CA, Boulder - CO, Ankeny –IA, Austin - TX, Reading - UK and Ho Chi Minh City - Vietnam, Absolute serves as the benchmark for Endpoint Resilience, ensuring connectivity, visibility and control, independent of the operating system – embedded in more than a billion endpoints, we empower devices to recover automatically from any state to a secure operational state without user intervention. Our unique value supports our aspirational journey - to become the World’s Most Trusted Security Company. Nothing short of bold, and nothing less than achievable for this team. Whether it’s our commitment to the cybersecurity industry, our customers, or to one another, we are relentless about protecting people’s devices and the sensitive information found on them. And those common goals foster a work environment where collaboration, big ideas and world-class execution are rewarded with success through our mantra of One Team | One Number. At Absolute, we incorporate the ideals of Resilience in all we do to safeguard our customers’ data and information, so they can focus on saving lives, fighting fraud, moving markets and protecting passengers, to name a few. Our innovation journey has blossomed from within, so we foster that mindset by investing in our employees – fueling our employee’s creative expression, and resulting in our own cyber capabilities. Our momentum is palpable – Forbes noticed too and recognized Absolute as one of the top-10 cybersecurity companies to watch in 2019 and 2020. The New Reality of Remote Work and Distance Learning has further connected our teams and our passion to drive to solve our customers challenges. We pride ourselves on our agile, high energy culture that rewards exceptional achievements and the contributions of those passionate about our collective growth and success. We also respect the need for downtime and believe in a sound work / life balance, reflected in our ‘Take What You Need’ vacation policy and our annual employee retreat where it’s all about friends and family. To learn more about Absolute, visit our website at www.absolute.com or visit our YouTube channel.
Absolute is an equal opportunity employer.