We are looking for a Tableau & Source System Administrator to join our Vancouver Business Applications team.
This role will be responsible for enabling the company to make informed decisions based on data by building and maintaining a stable Tableau Server and source system environment. This role will work closely with our application development team, IT Team and Business Intelligence stakeholders to ensure high quality data is delivered to the business.
- Tableau Environment
- Installation, configuration, upgrading, and maintaining the Tableau Server environment to ensure reliable performance and scalability
- Server activities such as performance tuning, standards/best practices, monitoring, metadata Management, cluster/distributed management, cache/history management, scheduling
- Implementing system health monitoring, alerting and other functionality as required
- Provide guidance and expertise for ongoing testing activities to find the optimal hardware / software configuration to match new versions of the application and new demands from our users
- Ensuring Tableau Server meets optimal up-time and extract refresh speed
- Work with users directly to identify and resolve potential Tableau Server issues
- Implement and manage structural permission policies as defined by data stewards
- Collaborate with IT, Security teams, content managers and BI Analyst to implement and maintain security of the business intelligence environment both in terms of access and data
- Other Systems:
- Configuration, upgrading and maintaining the Relational Junction data sync between cloud applications and on premise databases
- Ensuring the stability and integrity of the data pipeline between cloud systems and the data warehouse, including the addition and removal of tables and fields using SSIS
- Troubleshoot issues that arise within the data pipeline including source systems, ETL and data warehouse
- SSIS, SSMS and SSRS
- Tableau Server administration experience with recent versions of server (e.g. TSM), including Server Configuration and tuning.
- Windows system administration skills sufficient to support Tableau Server product
- ***1-2 years of database experience, preferably SQL and Postgres, including knowledge of database fundamentals, data modelling
- Creative approach to problem solving and task automation
- Strong multitasker with ability to achieve results through collaboration
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
Nice to Haves:
- Analytical skills is a plus
- Experience on Tableau Server metadata reporting is a plus
- Tableau Desktop Experience (or equivalent Business Intelligence analytical stack)
Why Work For Us:
Absolute is the new standard for endpoint visibility and control, delivering self-healing endpoint security, always-connected IT asset management, and continuous data visibility—both on and off the network. Unlike other endpoint security agent solutions that can be corrupted, compromised or deleted, Absolute can self-heal itself and other critical applications through our patented Persistence technology that is embedded in the firmware of over 1 billion endpoints. No other security company can make this claim.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with international offices in San Jose, California, Austin, Texas, Reading, UK and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, we are a collaborative and innovative place to make your mark in the world of security. Our agile, high energy culture rewards top performance and the contributions of those passionate about our collective growth and success. We celebrate our wins in our large common areas where we hold engineering hackathons, end of quarter celebrations, and monthly socials. We believe in a good work / life balance which is reflected in our annual employee retreat where it’s all about friends and family. To learn more about Absolute, visit our website at www.absolute.com or visit our YouTube channel.
Absolute is an equal opportunity employer.