Senior Recruiter (Contract)
We are currently looking for a results-driven Contract Technical Recruiter to join our dynamic HR team. We are looking for an individual that will work out of our office in Vancouver. Have you spent your formative years learning from the most cutting-edge in-house recruiters in the business? If this sounds like you, read on...
Imagine working at a company ready for your ideas and experience. Imagine making an impact and driving change to culture, engagement and the bottom line. Imagine elevating your career. This roll will be reporting directly into the Chief Human Resources Officer, and you will be responsible for full-cycle recruiting, as well as co-managing the design and delivery of leading-edge sourcing, recruitment and candidate tracking for the organization.
This role will play an integral part in promoting Absolute as a preferred place to work. Your understanding of the Absolute brand will be distilled into key recruitment messaging to help us attract the brightest and best candidates. You will partner with managers to establish hiring needs and goals, and then exceed them. You will ensure a positive candidate experience and work within a world-class recruiting function.
This role will be a 6-12 month contract with the possibility of converting into full time.
Accountabilities Will Include:
- Full life cycle recruitment (from sourcing to first day) for locations worldwide - predominantly US & Canada
- Identify innovative resources to source candidates and build a pipeline that includes:
- Establishing contacts and relationships within the high-tech and sales communities
- Recruitment tools such as job boards, creative online searches, internal job postings, employee referral program, and reaching out to passive candidates
- Use creative techniques to source hard-to-find skill sets
- Conduct manager intake sessions to understand the business need for the position and ensure alignment on the need, including updating job description and drafting the job position.
- Partner with hiring manager on recruiting strategy for defined positions
- Pre-screening of candidates, scheduling interviews for hiring managers, participating in interview process, conducting post interview de-briefs, etc.
- Provides consistent communication to stakeholders on status of requisition and candidates, hiring status of candidates in progress, and to present pre-screened resumes.
- Ensure a positive candidate experience from initial screening to final response including ensuring that all candidates get a response within an appropriate period of time
- Preparation of requisition, offer forms, and offer letters, ensuring utmost confidentiality in all discussions and delivery of the offer
- Gaining full working knowledge of our ATS (Jobvite) and utilizing the ATS to support your full cycle recruiting
- Assist in streamlining the recruiting workflow design and develop recommendations on the full life cycle recruiting process
- Representation Absolute at various recruitment events and maintains contact with skilled candidates to ensure their continued interest in the company.
- Building a data-driven recruiting organization, including analytics that provide insight and decision support
- Continually strive towards educating, refining and increasing the interviewing capabilities of hiring managers, including conducting regular in-house behavioral interviewing courses
- Provides advice, guidance and training to less experienced staff, customers and applicants to ensure complete understanding and adherence to Company-wide staffing processes.
- Consults with management and HR on U.S. and/or international work permit requirements and obtains appropriate approvals and/or visas to comply with regulations.
- May assist with HRBP type of responsibilities as needed.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree and typically 6+ years’ related work experience preferably with a hi-tech company
- Combination of experience as a corporate or in-house global technical recruiter and background in agency recruitment with demonstrated success in building a strong candidate pipeline ideal
- Demonstrated achievement in recruiting for hard-to-find technical and non-technical talent
- Demonstrated experience in recruiting for a technical field sales organization
- Strong team-oriented working style with solid human resources and business acumen
- Proven ability to introduce new recruiting initiatives through to fruition (tools, techniques, process, and procedures)
- Technology and social media savvy
- Strong negotiation skills
- Experience with coaching hiring managers
- Ability to interpret nonverbal cues in an interview and ability to respectfully confront discrepancies
- Experience working with an ATS is required. Experience with Jobvite ATS preferred
- Proven experience as a TA business partner providing strategic advice and coaching throughout the recruiting process
- Openness and/or desire to be involved in other functional areas of HR
- Strong ability to influence required
Why Work For Us:
Absolute empowers more than 12,000 customers worldwide to protect devices, data, applications and users against theft or attack—both on and off the corporate network. With the industry’s only tamper-proof endpoint visibility and control solution, Absolute allows IT to enforce asset management, security hygiene, and data compliance for today’s remote digital workforces. Patented Absolute Persistence™ is embedded in the firmware of Dell, HP, Lenovo, and 22 other manufacturers’ devices for vendor-agnostic coverage, tamper-proof resilience, and ease of deployment.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with international offices in Austin, Texas, Reading, UK and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, we are a collaborative and innovative place to make your mark in the world of security. Our agile, high energy culture rewards top performance and the contributions of those passionate about our collective growth and success. We celebrate our wins in our large common areas where we hold engineering hackathons, end of quarter celebrations, and monthly socials. We believe in a good work / life balance which is reflected in our annual employee retreat where it’s all about friends and family. To learn more about Absolute, visit our website at www.absolute.com or visit our YouTube channel.
Absolute is an equal opportunity employer.