Principal Software Engineer
Do you want to be part of a team that is on the leading edge of innovation in endpoint visibility and control? Absolute is seeking an experienced Platform Software Engineer to build next generation platform features that support the Absolute cloud platform strategy. The ideal candidates will thrive in an Agile work environment requiring strong problem solving skills, clean coding, team collaboration and open communication. High standards for quality and an appetite for creating market-leading user experiences is a must.
The successful candidate will work on designing and coding platform and feature components with a team of local engineers. Within the team, the successful candidate will participate in conceptual development and software implementation for handing collection, processing, and visualization of hardware, software, information, and user insights. Candidate responsibilities will span the software development lifecycle, including writing design documentation, coding, unit testing, integration testing, debugging and troubleshooting, supporting customers, and maintenance. You will be responsible for improving the software development process of a dynamic team.
Accountabilities Will Include:
- Design complex platform and feature components with a team of local engineers.
- Write code that adds next generation features against a roadmap that supports the Absolute cloud platform strategy.
- Automate testing and maintenance of software modules to a high quality standard
- Author software architecture and design documents
- Participate in Agile development activities including sprint planning, stand-ups, retrospectives and demos
- Participate in peer reviews
- Collaborate with local and remote co-workers, mentor and coach
- Debug and solve complex problems either individually or within a team
- Work with your scrum teams to continuously improve
What You'll Need:
- B.S degree in Computer Science is minimum, M.S. in Computer Science is preferred
- 7+ years of Java EE development
- 7+ years of working with Hibernate, Spring or similar JPA framework
- 7+ years of experience with a variety of persistence technologies (Relational and NoSQL)
- 4+ years with Message Orientated Middleware
- 4+ years of Open Source, Linux hosted, application servers
- Experience in an Agile development environment including writing unit tests
- Strong development experience with RESTful API’s, OOD/OOP and multi-threaded application development
- Experience with Python and other scripting languages
- Working knowledge of delivering into cloud based environments using standard CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Artifactory, SonarQube) and best practices
- Knowledge of cloud IaaS/PaaS and Microservices design a plus
- Experience with continuous software delivery model is a plus
- Outstanding problem solving and organizational skills
- Communication is crucial – so excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must
- Continuously looks for ways to improve and sets a very high bar in terms of quality
Why Work For Us:
You’re resilient and passionate about securing the Work from Anywhere era.
So are we.
We’re in search of the best and the brightest – everyone from innovators, sellers and marketers to financers, operators and especially customer relationship managers – we’re looking for top tier talent to help us shape the next decade of security, drive innovation that enables customers with truly disruptive solutions and are dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with international offices in Victoria – BC, Seattle – WA, San Jose - CA, Boulder - CO, Ankeny – IA, Austin - TX, Reading - UK and Ho Chi Minh City – Vietnam, Absolute Software (NASDAQ: ABST) (TSX: ABST) accelerates customers’ shift to work-from-anywhere through the industry’s first self-healing Zero Trust platform, ensuring maximum security and uncompromised productivity. Only Absolute is embedded in more than half a billion devices, offering a permanent digital connection that intelligently and dynamically applies visibility, control and self-healing capabilities to endpoints, applications, and network access to ensure their cyber resilience tailored for distributed workforces.
Our vision is to be the world’s most trusted security company – and to empower end users to connect securely and from anywhere, to all the applications they need to collaborate and get their work done, without interruptions and with an optimal network experience. Absolute currently serves approximately 16,000 customers with more than 13 million activated endpoints globally. G2 recognized Absolute as a Leader in the Winter 2022 Endpoint Management and Zero Trust Networking Grid Reports, reflecting our continued customer satisfaction across product lines. To learn more about Absolute, visit our website at www.absolute.com or visit our YouTube channel.
Absolute is an equal opportunity employer.
Absolute Software Inc. is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected]