Software Architect/ Technical Director/ Senior Principal Software Engineer
Do you want to be part of a team that is on the leading edge of innovation in endpoint visibility and control? Absolute is seeking an experienced Backend / Platform Software Engineer to build next generation platform features that support the Absolute cloud platform strategy. The ideal candidates will thrive in an Agile work environment requiring strong problem solving skills, clean coding, team collaboration and open communication. High standards for quality and an appetite for creating market-leading user experiences is a must.
The successful candidate will work on designing and coding platform and feature components with a team of local engineers. Candidate responsibilities will span the software development lifecycle, including writing design documentation, coding, unit testing, integration testing, debugging and troubleshooting, supporting customers, and maintenance. You will be responsible for improving the software development process of a dynamic team.
Accountabilities Will Include:
- Design complex platform and feature components with a team of local engineers.
- Write code that adds next generation features against a roadmap that supports the Absolute cloud platform strategy.
- Automate testing and maintenance of software modules to a high quality standard
- Author software architecture and design documents
- Participate in Agile development activities including sprint planning, stand-ups, retrospectives and demos
- Participate in peer reviews
- Collaborate with local and remote co-workers, mentor and coach
- Debug and solve complex problems either individually or within a team
- Work with your scrum teams to continuously improve
What You Will Need:
- Working knowledge of delivering into cloud based environments using standard CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Artifactory, SonarQube) and best practices
- Knowledge of cloud IaaS/PaaS and container orchestration tools (Kubernetes, Docker)
- Hands-on technical experience in Ansible, Git, and Jenkins
- Strong development experience with RESTful API’s, Microservice
- 7+ years of Java EE development
- 7+ years of working with Hibernate, Spring or similar JPA framework
- 7+ years of experience with a variety of persistence technologies (Relational and NoSQL)
- 4+ years with Message Orientated Middleware
- Experience in an Agile development environment including writing unit tests
- architecture and multi-threaded application development
- Outstanding problem solving and organizational skills
- Communication is crucial – so excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must
- Continuously looks for ways to improve and sets a very high bar in terms of quality
- Experience with Python and other scripting languages
- Experience with continuous software delivery model
Why Work For Us:
Absolute is the new standard for endpoint visibility and control, delivering self-healing endpoint security, always-connected IT asset management, and continuous data visibility—both on and off the network. Unlike other endpoint security agent solutions that can be corrupted, compromised or deleted, Absolute can self-heal itself and other critical applications through our patented Persistence technology that is embedded in the firmware of over 1 billion endpoints. No other security company can make this claim.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with international offices in Austin, Texas, Reading, UK and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, we are a collaborative and innovative place to make your mark in the world of security. Our agile, high energy culture rewards top performance and the contributions of those passionate about our collective growth and success. We celebrate our wins in our large common areas where we hold engineering hackathons, end of quarter celebrations, and monthly socials. We believe in a good work / life balance which is reflected in our annual employee retreat where it’s all about friends and family. To learn more about Absolute, visit our website at www.absolute.com or visit our YouTube channel.
Absolute is an equal opportunity employer.