This role will be a 3-6 month contract with the possibility of extension.
We are looking for a talented front-end developer to join our UI Architecture team for a special project. This is a challenging position that will provide valuable experience in data handling, REST, Redux, React, internationalization, and much more.
You will work closely with our senior developers on a project to port features from our old Ember framework to our new React/Redux framework. We will provide training for the specific areas and tasks you will work on, so prior experience with these frameworks is not required.
- Create components in our RESTful communications layer
- Create data-parsing helpers to transform data into an optimal format
- Create data models for moving data in and out of our custom Redux store
- Create React component prototypes that are connected to the Redux store
- Create unit tests for all items you create, using Enzyme and Jest
- Parse information from Ember MVC files
- Participate in all scrum team activities
- Work with all team members, supporting each other as needed
What You Need:
- Good communication skills
- Experience working with RESTful endpoints is highly desirable
- Experience with React and/or Redux is desirable, but not a requirement
Why Work For Us:
Absolute empowers more than 12,000 customers worldwide to protect devices, data, applications and users against theft or attack—both on and off the corporate network. With the industry’s only tamper-proof endpoint visibility and control solution, Absolute allows IT to enforce asset management, security hygiene, and data compliance for today’s remote digital workforces. Patented Absolute Persistence™ is embedded in the firmware of Dell, HP, Lenovo, and 22 other manufacturers’ devices for vendor-agnostic coverage, tamper-proof resilience, and ease of deployment.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with international offices in Austin, Texas, Reading, UK and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, we are a collaborative and innovative place to make your mark in the world of security. Our agile, high energy culture rewards top performance and the contributions of those passionate about our collective growth and success. We celebrate our wins in our large common areas where we hold engineering hackathons, end of quarter celebrations, and monthly socials. We believe in a good work / life balance which is reflected in our annual employee retreat where it’s all about friends and family. To learn more about Absolute, visit our website at www.absolute.com or visit our YouTube channel.
Absolute is an equal opportunity employer.