We are looking for a seasoned UX Designer to join our User Experience team to define the user interface of our next generation products. You will work on complex application functionality (this is not a "website" design role!). You get to join an awesome UX team to prototype, test, and internally evangelize clear, modern, and innovative designs to define the interactive brand of Absolute!
The ideal UX Designer will have experience designing functional applications for the web, mobile, and/or desktop, with a particular focus on Data Viz and Business Intelligence. You have designed and care passionately about the broader and finer aspects of user interface behaviour, including navigational items, workflow, and feedback. You’re well-versed in modern interface design, from web to mobile to desktop. You are a customer-focused app junky that can explain and constructively criticize the design choices that you, and others, have made.
Responsibilities Will Include:
- Contribute to the behaviour of the Absolute suite of products and how they work, ensuring we have a well-defined, customer-focused, and forward-looking interactive brand that works across feature sets and technologies.
- Contribute to the definition of product capabilities from both a customer and user experience perspective.
- Work with User Experience team members to brainstorm, design, prototype, and test solutions to customer problems.
- Conduct primary and secondary user research, including end-user testing of UI prototypes.
- Help to ensure that our interface designs are well-placed and -regarded within the competitive SAAS landscape.
- Work with Product Management to understand the customer problems, functional requirements, and backlog priority.
- Work with Development on technology constraints and opportunities ensuring the full implementation of the UX vision.
What You'll Need:
- Strong portfolio of designs and design artifacts such as wireframes and prototypes.
- Formal training in user experience or interaction design and usability.
- Experience with tools such as Sketch, Invision or similar tools.
- Background in Data Viz and Business Intelligence preferred.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders; experience in an Agile software development environment a plus.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Positive attitude, energy and enthusiasm.
- Desire to learn.
Why Work For Us:
Absolute is the new standard for endpoint visibility and control, delivering self-healing endpoint security, always-connected IT asset management, and continuous data visibility—both on and off the network. Unlike other endpoint security agent solutions that can be corrupted, compromised or deleted, Absolute can self-heal itself and other critical applications through our patented Persistence technology that is embedded in the firmware of over 1 billion endpoints. No other security company can make this claim.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with international offices in Austin, Texas, Reading, UK and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, we are a collaborative and innovative place to make your mark in the world of security. Our agile, high energy culture rewards top performance and the contributions of those passionate about our collective growth and success. We celebrate our wins in our large common areas where we hold engineering hackathons, end of quarter celebrations, and monthly socials. We believe in a good work / life balance which is reflected in our annual employee retreat where it’s all about friends and family. To learn more about Absolute, visit our website at www.absolute.com or visit our YouTube channel.
Absolute is an equal opportunity employer.