Manager/Senior Manager, Corporate Income Tax & Provision
Corporate Income Tax & Provision Manager/Senior Manager
This position will be responsible for Absolute Software Corporation’s tax compliance and tax provision and will be an integral part of the Accounting and Finance team. This position reports to Director of Tax
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA (active or inactive). Master’s in taxation is preferred
- 4-6 years in a large corporate tax environment in industry and/or Big 4.
- Experience in Federal and Multistate corporate income tax compliance
- Hands on Experience with ASC 740 and IFRS
- Self-motivated and with the ability to develop work plans to carry out complex projects Ability to explain complex tax concepts and suggestions to a non-tax technical audience
- Self-starter with ability to work independently while understanding the importance of elevating
- Assist with preparation of US GAAP/IFRS income tax accounting models including deferred accounting, payable accounting, tax accounts roll-forward, return-to-provision true-up, SBC, ETR, and tax implications of mergers & acquisitions
- Support the monthly and quarterly close process including the preparation of tax journal entries and tax account reconciliations
- Support continuous improvements in tax provision processes by exercising out of the box thinking to optimize efficiency, including collaboration with other groups
- Manage and review of US federal, state, and local income tax compliance prepared by external advisors. Ensure accuracy and timely filing of tax returns
- Assist with the calculation of extensions and tax payments for various state and local non-income taxes. ,
- Assist with managing income tax audits and notices
- Assist with special tax projects as they arise, such as tax planning, legal entity rationalization, acquisitions, and new entity formation initiatives as needed
- Provide support with building the processes and calendar to ensure a smooth connection among accounting, tax compliance and tax accounting functions •
- Support worldwide SOX processes and maintain SOX documentation
- Keep up to date with tax legislation, SEC Regulations, and US GAAP changes, practice and global developments
Why Work For Us:
You’re resilient and passionate about securing the Work from Anywhere era. So are we.
We’re in search of the best and the brightest – everyone from innovators, sellers and marketers to financers, operators and especially customer relationship managers – we’re looking for top tier talent to help us shape the next decade of security, drive innovation that enables customers with truly disruptive solutions and are dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with international offices in Victoria – BC, Seattle – WA, San Jose - CA, Boulder - CO, Ankeny – IA, Austin - TX, Reading - UK and Ho Chi Minh City – Vietnam, Absolute Software (NASDAQ: ABST) (TSX: ABST) accelerates customers’ shift to work-from-anywhere through the industry’s first self-healing Zero Trust platform, ensuring maximum security and uncompromised productivity. Only Absolute is embedded in more than half a billion devices, offering a permanent digital connection that intelligently and dynamically applies visibility, control and self-healing capabilities to endpoints, applications, and network access to ensure their cyber resilience tailored for distributed workforces.
Our vision is to be the world’s most trusted security company – and to empower end users to connect securely and from anywhere, to all the applications they need to collaborate and get their work done, without interruptions and with an optimal network experience. Absolute currently serves approximately 16,000 customers with more than 13 million activated endpoints globally. G2 recognized Absolute as a Leader in the Winter 2022 Endpoint Management and Zero Trust Networking Grid Reports, reflecting our continued customer satisfaction across product lines. To learn more about Absolute, visit our website at www.absolute.com or visit our YouTube channel