Business Intelligence Developer
Our Business Applications team is seeking a Business Intelligence Developer that will own infrastructure continuous integration processes and develop ETLs. Absolute uses the best of breed data storage, transformation, and visualization technology from Microsoft and Tableau. The critical focus of this position is front line analysis, adjustment of data lineage and transformation when issues are raised: being able to communicate the source of data and transformations that are applied, and being able to address confirmed defect(s) without unintended side effects. Despite that critical focus, the majority of effort is expected to be working closely with BI analysts and architects to implement robust system architecture, and develop ETL to execute on business projects.
This position will be engaged with all aspects of the core business systems in use at Absolute. Your role will be to implement BI solutions according to designs, identify tactical roadblocks, and generate potential solutions for them. This position will report directly to the Director of Business Applications.
In this role, you will fill gaps in your data warehousing and business intelligence knowledge from beginning to end, using the latest technologies. You’ll continue building robustly layered and fail-safe architecture leveraging emerging technologies like columnstore, in a consistent coding environment in SQL 2016 and Tableau 2018+ as part of a great team with diverse and lengthy experience in BI.
Please note that Absolute will consider candidates with strong engineering or computer science backgrounds that would like to enter the field of Business Intelligence.
- Develop ETL packages, metadata definitions and models, schedules, work processes and maintenance procedures.
- Expose low-level roadblocks in system designs, and provide options to address the issues.
- Implements new enhancements to BI, supporting additional insight into existing products and services. Ensures correct implementation from beginning to end.
- Work closely with the BI Analyst to implement data warehouse designs.
- Work closely with the Tableau Server Administrator on security and environment health considerations.
- Perform and adopt best practices in testing and reporting: usability, data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
- Engage the team and document rules and processes for construction, maintenance, and troubleshooting of business intelligence deployments, reports, dashboards, ETL, and other processes.
- Maintain library of model documents, templates, or other reusable knowledge.
- Willing to perform other job duties/responsibilities as may be assigned for the successful operation of the business.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Understanding of relational database structures, theories, principles and practices.
- Strong computer science background.
- Familiarity with C#, specifically: basic coding skills, and use of core .Net capabilities and System.IO features.
- Previous experience with ETL processes.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Experience managing production server environments:
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent processes while understanding and successfully solving business problems.
- Ability to extend current technical systems, incorporating new data.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Understanding of Data Warehousing concepts and design, specifically: standard three fact table types, slowly changing dimensions.
- Familiarity with Kimball methodology (Data Warehouse Design).
- Experience with source control (GIT)
- Understanding of Salesforce, NetSuite systems.
- Knowledge of “Relational Junction” a huge bonus.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services 2012 or newer, specifically: project deployment, parameters and environments.
- Strong understanding of the entire Microsoft data platform (SSAS, SSRS, MDS, Azure SQL, Data Factory)
- Understanding of Business Intelligence reporting & visualizing tools (Cognos, Tableau, PowerBI)
- Experience with continuous integration technologies (Jenkins, TFS)
Why Work For Us:
Absolute is the new standard for endpoint visibility and control, delivering self-healing endpoint security, always-connected IT asset management, and continuous data visibility—both on and off the network. Unlike other endpoint security agent solutions that can be corrupted, compromised or deleted, Absolute can self-heal itself and other critical applications through our patented Persistence technology that is embedded in the firmware of over 1 billion endpoints. No other security company can make this claim.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with international offices in San Jose, California, Austin, Texas, Reading, UK and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, we are a collaborative and innovative place to make your mark in the world of security. Our agile, high energy culture rewards top performance and the contributions of those passionate about our collective growth and success. We celebrate our wins in our large common areas where we hold engineering hackathons, end of quarter celebrations, and monthly socials. We believe in a good work / life balance which is reflected in our annual employee retreat where it’s all about friends and family. To learn more about Absolute, visit our website at www.absolute.com or visit our YouTube channel.
Absolute is an equal opportunity employer.