We are looking for a results-driven, keen, self-motivated Technical Writer to complement our collaborative writing team. The Technical Writer develops, maintains, and supports information products such as technical and user manuals, online help, training materials, and other customer and internal facing documents. A Senior Technical Writer and a Localization Manager will mentor the person in this role.
- Updating and maintaining user documentation for production, which may include context-sensitive Help, user guides, install guides, release notes, and API and other documents
- Adhering to the corporate style guide to create user-centric documentation
- Performing preproduction and post-production work on translated files
- Working closely with subject matter experts from Product Management, Product Development, and Technical Support to generate content for our customers
- Maintaining a team and departmental collaboration (or wiki) site using Confluence
- 3-5 years of work experience developing technical content for complex software/products.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MadCap Flare and the Atlassian suite of tools
- Experience creating documentation within an Agile software development environment
- Experience working with cross-functional project teams with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff
- Ability to distill complex information into clear, concise content directed at your target audience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent research and interviewing skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills with careful attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to meet aggressive deadlines while working with multiple projects/stakeholders
- Self-driven and highly motivated with an ability to prioritize and multitask
- Ability to work independently and as part of a documentation team
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Writing, Computer Engineering, English, Journalism, Communications, or related field.
- Certification in Technical Writing preferred but not required
Working knowledge of each of the following:
- MadCap Flare for creating and publishing content
- Atlassian suite, specifically Confluence, JIRA, and BitBucket
- Adobe Acrobat Professional, for creating review and secured PDFs
- Microsoft Office tools for some ad hoc documents, email, and meetings
Why Work For Us:
Absolute is the new standard for endpoint visibility and control, delivering self-healing endpoint security, always-connected IT asset management, and continuous data visibility—both on and off the network. Unlike other endpoint security agent solutions that can be corrupted, compromised or deleted, Absolute can self-heal itself and other critical applications through our patented Persistence technology that is embedded in the firmware of over 1 billion endpoints. No other security company can make this claim.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with international offices in Austin, Texas, Reading, UK and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, we are a collaborative and innovative place to make your mark in the world of security. Our agile, high energy culture rewards top performance and the contributions of those passionate about our collective growth and success. We celebrate our wins in our large common areas where we hold engineering hackathons, end of quarter celebrations, and monthly socials. We believe in a good work / life balance which is reflected in our annual employee retreat where it’s all about friends and family. To learn more about Absolute, visit our website at www.absolute.com or visit our YouTube channel.
Absolute is an equal opportunity employer.