We are looking for an Engineering Manager for our Ho Chi Minh City office. You will have responsibilities in both technical and people management.
Accountabilities Will Include:
- Lead the team to make architectural and high level technical decisions
- Introduce and reinforce the application of software engineering best practices and tools (such as coding convention, code review, source control, quality assurance, etc..)
- Work closely with the Agile Program Manager and Technical Product Manager to ensure the delivery of the Scrum teams
- Collaborate and synchronize with other engineering teams in Vietnam, Canada and the US
- Contribute to technical risk assessment and response plans
- Act as the line manager of the Software Engineers and QA Engineers working in multiple Scrum teams
- Grow and develop the Software Engineers and QA Engineers in the alignment with company's career advancement roadmap
- Support recruitment with technical assessment
What You Will Need:
- At least 7 years of experience in software development
- At least 3 years of experience in Engineering Manager or equivalent roles
- Strong technical background in J2EE technologies
- Hands-on experience in enterprise software architecture and software engineering best practices
- Excellent English communications skills
- Excellent leadership with hands-on experience in people management
- Experience in Scrum is an advantage
Why Work For Us:
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with international offices in San Jose - CA, Boulder - CO, Ankeny –IA, Austin - TX, Reading - UK and Ho Chi Minh City - Vietnam, Absolute serves as the benchmark for Endpoint Resilience, ensuring connectivity, visibility and control, independent of the operating system – embedded in more than a billion endpoints, we empower devices to recover automatically from any state to a secure operational state without user intervention. Our unique value supports our aspirational journey - to become the World’s Most Trusted Security Company. Nothing short of bold, and nothing less than achievable for this team. Whether it’s our commitment to the cybersecurity industry, our customers, or to one another, we are relentless about protecting people’s devices and the sensitive information found on them. And those common goals foster a work environment where collaboration, big ideas and world-class execution are rewarded with success through our mantra of One Team | One Number. At Absolute, we incorporate the ideals of Resilience in all we do to safeguard our customers’ data and information, so they can focus on saving lives, fighting fraud, moving markets and protecting passengers, to name a few. Our innovation journey has blossomed from within, so we foster that mindset by investing in our employees – fueling our employee’s creative expression, and resulting in our own cyber capabilities. Our momentum is palpable – Forbes noticed too and recognized Absolute as one of the top-10 cybersecurity companies to watch in 2019 and 2020. The New Reality of Remote Work and Distance Learning has further connected our teams and our passion to drive to solve our customers challenges. We pride ourselves on our agile, high energy culture that rewards exceptional achievements and the contributions of those passionate about our collective growth and success. We also respect the need for downtime and believe in a sound work / life balance, reflected in our ‘Take What You Need’ vacation policy and our annual employee retreat where it’s all about friends and family. To learn more about Absolute, visit our website at www.absolute.com or visit our YouTube channel.
Absolute is an equal opportunity employer.