Head of Professional Services
We’re looking for a vibrant services leader who will provide strategic and operational leadership for our talented, growing Professional Services team. Preference will be given to candidates based in Austin or San Jose.
In this role, you will optimize Absolute’s services capabilities and grow services revenue through creative, outcome-driven engagements that are tightly integrated with our go-to-market motions.
You will have services P&L responsibility, including attainment of annual growth targets, and will have leadership responsibility for the delivery of projects and programs for Absolute’s valued customers and prospects.
Drawing on your extensive cybersecurity background, you will define services that deliver positive business outcomes, specifically focused on endpoint security use cases. Additionally, you will be a solutions consulting presence in the field, supporting our sales teams in customer meetings and leading consultative, solutions-oriented workshops.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Customer Experience, this role is an integral part of our Customer Experience leadership team. Absolute is a fast-paced, innovative, and dynamic environment with passionate colleagues where your creativity and expertise can shine.
- Overall functional ownership of Absolute’s service offerings and services revenue targets
- Creating and/or collaborating on services proposals, SOWs, POCs, and RFPs/RFIs
- Functional management and project staffing of a team of technical consultants, developers
- Developing, retaining, recruiting, and training top talent
- Escalation point for project/customer issues
- Standardizing common service delivery tools/infrastructure
- Rationalizing project artifacts and consulting tools
- Developing strong cross-functional relationships with key stakeholders (e.g. Sales, Sales Engineering, Product Management, Product Development, Marketing)
- Developing a continuous feedback loop for product innovation and improvement
- Collaborating on service delivery infrastructure – including PS automation platform, activity-tracking, document management, and customer collaboration tools
- 50% travel estimated to customer sites and Absolute events globally
What You Will Bring:
- 15+ years’ experience in services delivery management of enterprise projects in a cybersecurity/security environment
- 10+ years leading services/consulting teams either for technology product organizations or technology services organizations
- Demonstrated track record of growing services revenue and services teams
- Demonstrable business acumen and understanding of services P&L components
- Previous experience in designing, implementing, and improving new services capabilities, including go-to-market pricing, packaging, and enablement
- Experience designing and delivering outcome-based services aligned to capability maturity models (CMM)
- Expert-level knowledge of industry-leading services management models, including:
- Project planning and estimation models
- Work packages/breakdown structures
- Task assignment and tracking
- Project and activity status reporting
- Client expectation and scope management
- Communication and risk management
- Issue escalation and resolution
- Strong preference will be given to candidates with a cybersecurity background
Why Work For Us:
Absolute is the new standard for endpoint visibility and control, delivering self-healing endpoint security, always-connected IT asset management, and continuous data visibility—both on and off the network. Unlike other endpoint security agent solutions that can be corrupted, compromised or deleted, Absolute can self-heal itself and other critical applications through our patented Persistence technology that is embedded in the firmware of over 1 billion endpoints. No other security company can make this claim.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with international offices in Austin, Texas, Reading, UK and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, we are a collaborative and innovative place to make your mark in the world of security. Our agile, high energy culture rewards top performance and the contributions of those passionate about our collective growth and success. We celebrate our wins in our large common areas where we hold engineering hackathons, end of quarter celebrations, and monthly socials. We believe in a good work / life balance which is reflected in our annual employee retreat where it’s all about friends and family. To learn more about Absolute, visit our website at www.absolute.com or visit our YouTube channel.
Absolute is an equal opportunity employer